Do I need Exchange Add-In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davegoodo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use Outlook365 to connect to my Gmail mailbox, I don't connect to any other mailboxes. I just use Outlook to manage my mail. I'm trying to increase the speed with which MS Outlook loads up. Would I be OK to uninstall the Exchange Server add-in? And would that make any difference to its startup speed? Are there other Add-ins I could also remove if they aren't suitable to my circumstances - that may increase load speed?

Don't uninstall it - you can disable it - it processes meeting requests so they will not autoprocess if not loaded. It should not be slowing you down though.
So maybe that is not causing the slowness to load, when I say slowness, from clicking it on the Task Bar to fully open it takes between 40 and 60 seconds. Does that sound slow?

I was grasping at straws as to why it seems so slow to load, maybe it is the size of my pst files? My Archive file is 1.6GB and my current file is 450MB, maybe this is what's causing it?

That is slow. Your pst files are puny. What other addins are installed? Does it load a lot faster in safe mode?

To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

It's good to know my pst files are relatively tiny, that's encouraging. I'll have a look at Safe mode. I've attached a list of Add-ins. By the way, one of the Add-ins - the VBA for Outlook is listed as inactive, does that mean it is still available? Or would I have to do something to make it active?
Thanks for your help Diane :>)

Attachments

• MyCurrent_Addins.txt
    352 bytes · Views: 265
By the way I think the time to load is more like 20 to 30 seconds, (It just seemed longer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Denis Hi everyone!!! Need some help with Excel to Exchange Calendar??PLEASE>>> Using Outlook 1
T Need to synch pst calendar with exchange calendar Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Need help with MS Authenticator Using Outlook 4
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
A Wishlist Arthur workman I need the community's assistance thank you Using Outlook 3
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
S Received mail as part of DL, need to auto-CC the same when replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Need iCloud mail only Using Outlook 1
O Don't need any add-ins at all? Using Outlook 2
B Need Help - Willing to pay Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Need to view Outlook calendar in Sharepoint .. Using Outlook 2
J Need Help with Contacts VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Accidentally merged a calendar with .ics, need to undo! Using Outlook 1
H Need help setting up GetFolderPath-Makro with Vodafone IMAP Mail-Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Need Genuine Office or Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
G how to cancel a recurring meeting but not the organizer but all attendees need to know. Using Outlook 1
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Need help with finding/updating task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Need a case sensitive rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Need rule to alert when an email has not been replied to within 24 hours Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2003 - Do I need a new profile? Using Outlook 2
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
Miquela I need to make a calendar to share here at work with 40 other people Using Outlook 1
S Need CC: to show the original To: recip[ients Using Outlook 4
D Need to extract a line from a word attachment, and add it to the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
mikecox Desperat; need hands on support Using Outlook 1
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
Glyn Do I Need Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
B Need Help Creating Email Based on Subject w Address in Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Need help configuring a PRF for Outlook 2010 and 2013 Using Outlook 0