Not open for further replies.

sekhar_gs

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I need a functionality as follows.

1. I am part of a Distribution List 'dist_list@company.com'.
2. I receive multiple mails through the day, along with 8 other people in the DL.
3. I want the DL to be auto-populated in CC field, when anyone replies to the mail received.
4. Is this possible at all OR via Outlook Rules OR VBA programming?
5. My organization uses MS Outlook 2016.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks
Sekhar

People forget to reply all & hence there is no way to track if a mail received at this DL is answered.
The intent of this Outlook macro/solution, is to put in place a top-down tracking mechanism & ensure no one drops the ball.

The originator of the mail could use a template where Reply is disabled.

Follow these instructions for the Reply button. Disable “Reply to All” For Email Recipients

If Reply is needed then the receiver can delete the entry in To and enter specific addresses.

Thanks Niton, but that doesn't solve my problem.
1. Of the 8 Recipients in the DL, one may choose to respond, and reply only to the Sender. So, 'Reply All' isn't necessary in all responses.
2. On a different note, disabling something and forcing people to do a task, will not work in my org due to business/culture here.
3. I aim to :
a) develop a macro(?) for 'automatic cc of DL, if the original mail is SentTo/CCed to' the DL in the first place.
b) take a report of mails sent to the DL weekly.
c) see if any mail went un-answered/answered late.

Hope this explains my requirement fully...

Track the NewInspector event. If the To property of the new item is already set and the EntryID is empty, then it´s either a reply or a reply to all. Add your dl to the recipients property of the new item.

Additionally, since Outlook 2013 you´ll also want to track the InlineResponse event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Please advise code received new mail Using Outlook 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook mail to agile from specific folders as the mail is received Using Outlook 3
E Saving Changes To Edited E-Mail Received Message Using Outlook 0
Z Trigger macro to run after a new mail is received in Outlook? Using Outlook 3
S OL 2010 shortcut to edit received mail Using Outlook 3
K E-mail account disabled. Now I can't see the e-mails i've received for 2 weeks Using Outlook 1
G Rule: IF mail received by X, THEN no action; IF mail not received by X, SEND Using Outlook 0
D Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How to add button to received e-mail message? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Outlook 2016 Email with attachments not being received Using Outlook 2
U How can the Received date be edited? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
K Conditional Formatting based on Department of person received from? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
mctabish Replying to an email if received in several inboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Forwarding attachments in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Received many email without information Using Outlook 1
C Auto save outlook attachments when email is received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Bob Franklin Emails Not Received in my Outlook account Using Outlook 1
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Save Subject of Received Email as a String Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H send reminder if no reply received on first or original email using macro Using Outlook 2
T Automatically open link in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33
M Outlook VBA Macro that could retrieve/display the (From, Subject, Date Received) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Auto-forwarding an Email received from a specific Email address After slight modifications Using Outlook 4
J Changing margins in received email display Using Outlook 3
S Updating the database based on received task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M How do I mark emails already received as read when I get a second, different email based on subject? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Messages received from only one sender arrive with dark gray text background Using Outlook 1
Hudas Run Macro when an Email is received Using Outlook 4
Y All emails are received with delay on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
D See Email Address Received Email was Sent To? Using Outlook 1
J Automatically Print PDF When They Are Received Using Outlook 4
C Exchange 2010 / Emails received show with display name and not email address Using Outlook 2
D show my alias in my received messages Using Outlook 1