Auto-forwarding an Email received from a specific Email address After slight modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebu

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hi All:

Need some help with outlook macro...

I get emails from an id: someone@example.com

Subject line of these emails will be in three formats as below:

1.Industrial Production NSA YoY FALLS x% {IT}
2.(Surprise) Industrial Production MoM RISES x% {IT}
3.*CORRECTION* Industrial Production NSA YoY FALLS x% {IT}

Whenever I receive email from this email id, I want to

1.Modify the subject line by adding country name (based the code at the end of the subject: {IT} = Italy) as below:

a.Italy Industrial Production NSA YoY FALLS x% {IT}
b.(Surprise) Italy Industrial Production MoM RISES x% {IT}
c.*CORRECTION* Italy Industrial Production NSA YoY FALLS x% {IT}

2.Delete unnecessary content from the email

Example of email body below….I want only the part that is highlighted in Red

--- Original Sender: xxx xxx, xxxxxxxxx/ 000 xxx ---

----- Original Message -----

To: xxxxxx xxxxxxx (xxxxxx xxxxxx xx)

At: 1/13 4:00:00

Industrial Production NSA YoY (Italy) {IT}

OBSERVATION PERIOD: xxx(Monthly)

ACTUAL : -000000

PRIOR : -000000

REVISED : --

SURVEY : -- (Mean: --, High: --, Low: --)

To view breakdown of survey numbers by economist: {xxxxxx xxxxx}

To view Economic Forecast for this country: {xxxx xxx}

Chart and details: {xxxxxx xxx}

To change your alert settings: {00} and click on alert icon

To manage this alert in ALRT: {xxxx xxxx}

3.Then forward this to a distribution list eg: someone@example.com

I get around 100 such emails…any help to automate the process would very helpful…

Thanks in Advance

Hi Diane:

Thanks for your reply. I am having around 10 countries and loads of question :)

Is it possible to set up the whole macro in the outlook itself? May be create a sub-folder in the inbox and set a rule to deliver all the messages that come from a particular mail id to be moved to that folder and trigger the macro whenever a new mail gets moved to this sub-folder?

Is it going to slow down my outlook if i set up the macro like that?

I am good with excel macro , but a newbie with outlook macros. I did an extensive internet search but could not find any plausible solutions. I tried accessing the link you have shared, but for some reason my office system is not allowing me to access the URL.

Thanks
Nebu

Is it possible to set up the whole macro in the outlook itself? May be create a sub-folder in the inbox and set a rule to deliver all the messages that come from a particular mail id to be moved to that folder and trigger the macro whenever a new mail gets moved to this sub-folder?
Yes, you can do this using an itemadd macro that watches the folder. No, it shouldn't slow outlook down, but it really depends on the macro.

The basics of an itemadd macro is here - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/processing-incoming-e-mails-with-macros/ - but I have many code samples on my site. The macro no this page watches a shared mailbox and sends a message -http://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/process-items-shared-mailbox/

Yes, you can do this using an itemadd macro that watches the folder. No, it shouldn't slow outlook down, but it really depends on the macro.

The basics of an itemadd macro is here - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/processing-incoming-e-mails-with-macros/ - but I have many code samples on my site. The macro no this page watches a shared mailbox and sends a message -http://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/process-items-shared-mailbox/

Hi Diane:

Thanks a lot, for your reply. I have manged to modify the body of the email and get the email to forward to the respective email IDs . I will have to play around a bit more and test it extensively before implementing it. I will surely post it here if I succeed . Thanks again for all your valuable suggestions and guidance.

Regards
Nebu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Auto Forwarding with different "From" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 randomly not auto forwarding Using Outlook 0
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 0
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
DDB VBA to Auto Insert Date and Time in the signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Auto-complete stopped working Using Outlook 4
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P auto-complete is hopelessly broken Using Outlook 0
R Auto Assign Category colours to Incoming Emails based on whom the email is addressed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Auto-Submitted: auto-replied in header Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2016 Auto-archive creates new folder Using Outlook 3
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
P [SOLVED] Auto remove [EXTERNAL] from subject Using Outlook 16
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Auto Accept Meetings from the General Calendar Using Outlook 3
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ms_Cynic Auto-pasting email content in calendar appt? Using Outlook 2
R How Do I insert images in and Auto Reply Using Outlook 3
S Received mail as part of DL, need to auto-CC the same when replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
P Auto scroll to specific folder in Folder Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Auto categorize duplicate subjects Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11