Outlook 2016 Email with attachments not being received

Status
Not open for further replies.

finod

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am not sure anyone can help with this, but I thought I would ask. I use outlook on my desktop to send a Veteran Newsletter (.pdf attachment) to 350 folks each quarter. This has worked for many years. I am using Comcast.net.

As of Sept 30, 2022, I can send the email with attachments and no error is reported. However, not one person receives the email. If I go to the web based comcast email and send the email with attachments, it is not received. However, if I send the same email with attachments using my Gmail account in Outlook the email is received.

I have spent three days and opened two tickets with comcast and still no luck.

By the way, if I send email to the same folks with no attachments, they receive it simply fine.

I suspect comcast is the problem and not Outlook, but I thought I would post the problem here in case anyone has a clue as to what I can do to fix the situation.

Thank you for your time.

Okay, I found out that if I attach the file as a .docx it goes through with no problem. But if I convert it to .pdf it does not go through. Totally baffled at this point.

Issue resolved. The problem was a corrupted Word Document that looked fine. It also converted to PDF fine. What I did was open the .docx file and save it as .rtf. Then I opened the .rtf file and saved it as a new .docx file. Some formatting was messed up, but it converted to .PDF fine and emailed fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
Dan_W Nested email attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Print email and, attachments sent in hyperlinks in the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Download pdf attachments only if email subject has one of words Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
I Forwarding attachments in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
C Auto save outlook attachments when email is received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Rule To Save attachments on receipt of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
M VBA code to save email attachments (PDF) as email subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
S Attachments to New email item Using Outlook 1
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
C Visual Basic auto create task from email including attachments Using Outlook 9
G archive attribute for email attachments Using Outlook 2
H outlook email merging with attachments Using Outlook 4
R BCM: Email attachments are not shown BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
M Outlook 2010 and how to get attachments listed when creating a new email? Using Outlook 1
5 Automatically print email attachments Using Outlook 7
R Auto Reply with Original Email and any attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
H Storing an email along with its attachments? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Persist the email format and attachments / images while replying A Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Z Re: Auto Print email and word attachments on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How do I search email attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2