Status
Not open for further replies.

Addis

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane,
Please guide me macro which will enable me to send emails with word documents attachment to a specific email id. I want to send 25 attachments per email from a folder where there are over 50000 word documents. Please device out a way where every time only the new sets of attachments are sent through the email until all the attachments are sent. Word Documents have various names like resumes1 etc. Please help.

You'd use the one at Use an Outlook Macro to Send Files by Email to send all in one message but need to count files and every 25, make a new message. Unfortunately, i don't think i have any code samples that does this.

BTW, i think you will need to do an array, but not sure if it can handle an array that large.

Is it necessary to have the Word Documents always in the same folder? Or is it possible to create some kind of temporary folder? Are these documents already ordered the way you want to send them?

50,000 documents is quite a big number, so I would do it the following:
Create a folder called "sent attachments" on your hard drive. Then use the macro to attach the first 25 documents to your mail every time you send such a mail. Afterwards, take the 25 attachments out of the folder and put it into the "sent attachments" folder. For this move, maybe have a look at this site: Copy and Move files and folders

(I hope it is allowed to post such a link)

(I hope it is allowed to post such a link)
As long as its not to a spam site. :)

Then use the macro to attach the first 25 documents to your mail every time you send such a mail. Afterwards, take the 25 attachments out of the folder and put it into the "sent attachments" folder.
This would work... you could use the outlook macro to move each file after it is attached.
Use for i = filecount to 1 step -1 so you don't skip files- but if you don't care what order the files are in, you could just move - maybe use an if so the last message has all 25:
If filecount > 25 then
file delete
end if

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Unable to send with attachments in Outlook 2013 (Exchange ActiveSync) Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
M Can't send email in outlook.com Using Outlook 9
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook.com in Outlook 2016 Trys & Fails to Send on Behalf of Itself Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
C Unchecking "Send immediately when connected" does not work on apps that call Outlook Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configuring a Manual Send and Receive in Outlook Using Outlook 0
T Can't send email through connected account (outlook.live.com) - goes to Drafts folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Tim King Send mail from MSWord through Outlook Using Outlook 3
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2007 not sending/receiving until restart (send/receive stuck at __%) Using Outlook 27
O Outlook 2003 can't send, but settings seem OK Using Outlook 1
K Outlook send emails without attachment to a list Using Outlook 1
S send/receive issues outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
W OUTLOOK 2007 FREEZES. WILL NOT SEND NOR RECEIVE Using Outlook 1
S Send email from excel based on a condition (outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
wisedave Office 365 Outlook - Emails send but don't receive Using Outlook 12
E Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Send Error Using Outlook 11
O How to send outlook meeting request as attachment Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 hangs during message send/receive Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 won't send on Windows 8 Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2010 – Send email based on categories Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
H Preventing the Send button from being clicked on an Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C outlook 2013-how do i send email to myself? Using Outlook 1
B Looking for Outlook 2013 update for Send Drafts Macro Using Outlook 4
M Outlook wont send emails but receives Using Outlook 1
R Outlook will not send from home location Using Outlook 6
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1