Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherrie Negrea

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I just bought a new desktop computer and installed my old Outlook 2007 on it. I can send emails from my default account, which is an earthlink account. But it won't send emails using my business email associated with my website, which I've been trying to add as a second account on Outlook. My web developer spent an hour today trying to help me set this up in account settings. When I put in the account information in the first box, and I hit Test Account Settings, it says there is an error and it can't send messages on this particular account. What should I do?

Sherrie Negrea

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
When I tried to click on "test account settings" while setting up this business email account on Outlook, I got the following message:
Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
One possible cause: your outgoing settings are not correct.

In Tools, Account Settings, double click on the account then click More Settings button.
On the Outgoing Server tab, is the box checked to use the same authentication as the incoming server?
On the Advanced tab, is the port # correct? Are you using SSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.