After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder

Taffy1803

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
After I send an email, only about 80% are actually sent with no problems. 10% are sent but leave a copy in the Draft folder and 10% aren't sent - these just stay in the Draft folder. Any thoughts, please?

I have Office365 Home. As soon as I have the time I will move to Outlook. Do you agree that Outlook is better than outlook.com?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you agree that Outlook is better than outlook.com?
The desktop versions are always better IMHO.

When the messages aren't sent, do you receive an error message that says why? (It's usually not very informative but can be a clue.) When my messages failed to send, i was using a connected account address - i assume the problem was that they could not reach the SMTP server.

TerranceM

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
1. Set the minutes to 0 on the automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes.
on the outlook 2016 ribbon, click file > options > mail tab > save messages section.
2. try creating a new outlook profile by click the following link.
Create an Outlook profile

If the issue persists after performing the two suggestions, to better understand the situation, I'd like to confirm the following information:
1. how did you set up your office 365 account into the outlook 2016 client, via exchange connection, pop or imap?
2. did this issue happen in the outlook web app?
3. have you tried to check this issue via a different pc/laptop to determine whether it can be reproduced?
4. have you tried repairing the outlook 2016 client or reinstalling it?
[invalid link removed - moderator]

--
Terrance

Last edited by a moderator:

Taffy1803

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
1. Set the minutes to 0 on the automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes.
on the outlook 2016 ribbon, click file > options > mail tab > save messages section.
2. try creating a new outlook profile by click the following link.
Create an Outlook profile

If the issue persists after performing the two suggestions, to better understand the situation, I'd like to confirm the following information:
1. how did you set up your office 365 account into the outlook 2016 client, via exchange connection, pop or imap?
2. did this issue happen in the outlook web app?
3. have you tried to check this issue via a different pc/laptop to determine whether it can be reproduced?
4. have you tried repairing the outlook 2016 client or reinstalling it?
[invalid link removed - moderator]

--
Terrance
Hello Terrance. I haven't forgotten - it hasn't happened again yet! I know it will so I'll get back then. Cheers.