Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm running Office 2007 on a Win XP machine. I have an office 365 account and I also have email account through GoDaddy and others. All of this was working perfectly yesterday when we left for a one-week family event in Sun Valley, Idaho. When we arrived, I set up my computer and got access to the resort (unsecured) wi-fi system. I am able to access the Internet and Outlook is able to send and receive email from my non-365 accounts. But it is unable to access email from mt 365 account.

When I click Send/Receive, it goes through all of the accounts until it gets to 365, then it stalls. In the lower right-hand corner of the status bar at the bottom of the screen, it says "Disconnected" with a little square icon with a red "X" on the left and a down arrow on the right. If I click the down-arrow (or anywhere in that message), I get a pop-up showing some settings.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get it to work here?

Thanks

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I was just able to capture this error dialog.I've greyed out the first part of the email address for privacy.
20190818 0814 Outlook 365 server not available.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
G Microsoft Office 2010 error 080042109 outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (smtp) e-mail server__ Using Outlook 1
S Problem:office outlook 2007 won't connect with server ? Using Outlook 1
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
M 0x800CCC15: Outlook 2003 Unable to Connect to ISP after 12/14/2010 Updates Using Outlook 2
1 how to connect my cell phone number with my outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook Anywhere two AD sites recirection or direct connect Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook cannot connect with mail server. Using Outlook 1
B After Latest Security Updates Outlook Will Not Connect to IMAP Server Using Outlook 5
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
N Outlook prompts for Password to connect to old Exchange server 2010 Using Outlook 1
T After Windows patches Outlook wont connect Using Outlook 10
V I can't connect to my Exchange account using Outlook for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
H Outlook will not open or connect to my mail server Using Outlook 2
I Outlook can't connect but OWA works just fine (Recovery Mode Error Message) Exchange Server Administration 2
Y Outlook MSRPC over HTTPS proxy does not connect even though RPCPing looks ok Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 2
P Internet Connection is working but Outlook will not connect Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 1
R Microsoft Outlook 2007: Won't Connect to Comcast Email. Using Outlook 4
O Multiple users cannot connect to the same mailbox in Outlook Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
E Windows Live Essentials 2011 Outlook Connector Pack 14.0.5117.5000 Unable to connect to Hotmail Serv Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Client - "unable to connect to retrieve additional data" for some Distribution lists Exchange Server Administration 7
M Re-Connect Outlook to Exchange Using Outlook 5
C How to Connect to Outlook Internet Using Outlook 2
D Outlook crashes when trying to connect to Exchange, but works fine in safe mode Using Outlook 1
B trying to connect outlook to cox cable to back up files Using Outlook 2
J I receive the following Sending Report Error: 0X80042109 Outlook cannot connect to my outgoing serve Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007/Exchange hangs all the time. Can I make it connect to Exchange on demand only? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook can't connect after CasArray Configuration Exchange Server Administration 3
T Sending reported error (0x80042109) outlook cannot connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server __ Using Outlook 4
N Cannot connect Outlook with my Surewest email Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 won't connect to Hotmail. Using Outlook 7
A Outlook 2010 Multiple IMAP accounts connect Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2010 cannot connect to pop.gmail.com on port 995 Using Outlook 6
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4