Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format

Status
Not open for further replies.

krif

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello! I have some (obviously) outdated .mmf files created when Microsoft Mail was in use. I'd like to find some way to convert these to .pst format so that I can access the contents. I am looking for some utility or help to accomplish this. There are contents that are sentimental and otherwise valuable and I was not attentive at the time to keeping these imported into newer mail clients.

Please, please, please help me! There MUST some way to do this!

Thanks so much,
Karen

According to this thread - MMF Files - Microsoft Community - outlook 2007 can import it. If you don't have outlook 2007, I can try importing it for you. ETA: read more of the thread and 2007 can't import it - I have virtual machines of all versions.

This is the article Steve mentions- Upgrading From Older Versions of Messaging Clients - Office XP Resource Kit - Microsoft Office (archive.org)
I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to import the files for me. Please let me know how best to handle this in as secure a way as possible. Thanks so much, Karen

Also, Diane, I'm wondering about this section of the article, as of course, the files would need to be migrated to Outlook 2016 if I wanted to access them. I technically way out of date in my knowledge, so there's every possibility you will not have to take this part of the thread into account.

"MIGRATING TO MICROSOFT EXCHANGE SERVER
If you plan to migrate your workgroup from Microsoft Mail 3.x to Microsoft Exchange Server, migrate to Microsoft Exchange Server before upgrading to Outlook 2002. Outlook 2002 does not work with Microsoft Mail 3.x post office.

The process of migrating users from Microsoft Mail 3.x post offices to Microsoft Exchange Server involves more than upgrading e-mail client software, and it is beyond the scope of the Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit. The Microsoft Exchange Server Web site contains information that takes you through all the planning and implementation steps necessary to migrate users from Microsoft Mail 3.x to Microsoft Exchange Server. A good starting place is Migrating from Microsoft Mail for PC Networks.

Review this document thoroughly if you plan to move your workgroup to Microsoft Exchange Server."

Importing the files will put them in a pst, which will work in outlook 2016.

Do you use dropbox? If yes, put them files there and share with me at diane @ slipstick.com - if you don't use dropbox, I can share a folder with you to put the file in - I'll send it to the address you used to register with.

Do you use dropbox? If yes, put them files there and share with me at diane @ slipstick.com - if you don't use dropbox, I can share a folder with you to put the file in - I'll send it to the address you used to register with.
Yes, I use dropbox. Will email you in the next couple hours. Thank you!!

Hi Diane - Were you able to access the files I uploaded for you? Thanks, Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Need help with MS Authenticator Using Outlook 4
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
A Wishlist Arthur workman I need the community's assistance thank you Using Outlook 3
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
S Received mail as part of DL, need to auto-CC the same when replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Need iCloud mail only Using Outlook 1
O Don't need any add-ins at all? Using Outlook 2
B Need Help - Willing to pay Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Need to view Outlook calendar in Sharepoint .. Using Outlook 2
J Need Help with Contacts VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Accidentally merged a calendar with .ics, need to undo! Using Outlook 1
H Need help setting up GetFolderPath-Makro with Vodafone IMAP Mail-Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Need Genuine Office or Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
G how to cancel a recurring meeting but not the organizer but all attendees need to know. Using Outlook 1
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Need help with finding/updating task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Need a case sensitive rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Need rule to alert when an email has not been replied to within 24 hours Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2003 - Do I need a new profile? Using Outlook 2
F Outbox - Multiple Emails need to be manually opened? Using Outlook 5
Miquela I need to make a calendar to share here at work with 40 other people Using Outlook 1
S Need CC: to show the original To: recip[ients Using Outlook 4
Denis Hi everyone!!! Need some help with Excel to Exchange Calendar??PLEASE>>> Using Outlook 1
D Need to extract a line from a word attachment, and add it to the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Mary B VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
mikecox Desperat; need hands on support Using Outlook 1
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
Glyn Do I Need Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
B Need Help Creating Email Based on Subject w Address in Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Need help configuring a PRF for Outlook 2010 and 2013 Using Outlook 0
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0