VBscript: Need to copy every email to a folder & mark that copy as read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary B

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I need a rule so I can COPY every message that arrives to a folder under my Inbox and then mark that copy (that went to that folder) as "READ" but LEAVE the copy (in the inbox) as "UNREAD"

I've tried the rule where "When message arrives, move a copy to ..... folder and mark as read" but that marks BOTH copies as read, causing emails to be missed

Does this need a VBscript to work?

Attachments

• error on site.jpg
    error on site.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 616
I need a rule so I can COPY every message that arrives to a folder under my Inbox and then mark that copy (that went to that folder) as "READ" but LEAVE the copy (in the inbox) as "UNREAD"

I've tried the rule where "When message arrives, move a copy to ..... folder and mark as read" but that marks BOTH copies as read, causing emails to be missed

Does this need a VBscript to work?

I'm getting an error when I click on that link?

Perfect!! This script, along with the rule being set to moved the copy to the folder worked GREAT!!

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A VBscript stops running after updating form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
M Forward Appointment as BCC with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Security patch seems to kill vbscript on Enterprise Level Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R VBScript Commands Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S my vbscript button1_click code works on appointment created but not on opening an existing apntmn Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
JorgeDario Template oft that contains VBScript Is not running Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 VBScript editor does not run code at all Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Create new item in public folder using VBscript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R VBScript Sendmail not selecting correct 'from' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Recommended Outlook & VBScript Books? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K VBScript Outlook, add attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S VBA Macro to VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E VBScript to replace module? Using Outlook 3
F VBScript to add pre defined text Using Outlook 5
D Custom form and VBScript Using Outlook 5
F VBScript copy contacts and remove duplicates Using Outlook 1
R VBA Macro to VBScript in a form- Help Please! Using Outlook 10
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Creating a Task with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
N VBScript does not run in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
D Need help with MS Authenticator Using Outlook 4
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
L Need help modifying a VBA script for emails stuck in Outbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
glnz Moving from Outlook 2003 to MS365 Outlook - need basics Using Outlook 4
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
A Wishlist Arthur workman I need the community's assistance thank you Using Outlook 3
A from Arthur to anyone I need your expertise assistance Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
S Received mail as part of DL, need to auto-CC the same when replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Need iCloud mail only Using Outlook 1