a general question regarding data files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Horne

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
My pst and ost files are located in Documents\Outlook ...

I if were to copy those files, take them with me, and place them (after moving his files) in the same folder on his computer, could I use his version of Outlook 2013 while I'm staying with him?

(I realize this is why IMAP is preferred, but my setup is POP). Is all my information located in those files?

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

latitudeit

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Its not quite so simple. If I understand you correctly you just want to view your emails, or do you expect to receive and send new emails as well? You are correct all the data (emails, contacts) are stored in these files. You would be better creating a new outlook profile on the 'temporary' machine and connecting your files to this profile. You can create a new profile under 'mail' in control panel. This way when you start outlook it will ask which profile you want to use and you can leave the existing profile untouched!

Dave Horne

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
OK, thanks. I assume when you said 'profile', that's just the settings for me to be able to send and receive e-mails to my IP, right? That's not a problem for me to set up.

Dave Horne

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
(A correction to my initial message, all the files in question are pst files, I mentioned ost. Just being accurate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.