Transport Rule to detect Keyword question..

Post number 2 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondw1970

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Good morning, we are attempting to route (to a specific connector that will deal with encryption) outgoing emails that contain a certain keyword - [encrypt]. Although we had some success in testing, we found a few tests failing..

We are using the "subject includes any of these words" and found in the examples below

Working:
Hi, this is a test [encrypt] thanks
[encrypt] test

NOT working
This is a test[encrypt]let me know
Test[encrypt]

So it looks like either the lack of space at the END (or possibly beginning when in the middle) of [encrypt] is causing this to not be detected as a word. Is this expected behaviour on the rule as it's looking for a full word (space before / after) rather than a string of text "within" the subject?

Could anyone point me in the direction if there is another option, such as using 'pattern' (although is that regex?) Many thanks in advance, I have looked for some time through various forums/internet, but cannot see anything that is similar enough to help.

Good morning, we are attempting to route (to a specific connector that will deal with encryption) outgoing emails that contain a certain keyword - [encrypt]. Although we had some success in testing, we found a few tests failing..

We are using the "subject includes any of these words" and found in the examples below

Working:
Hi, this is a test [encrypt] thanks
[encrypt] test

NOT working
This is a test[encrypt]let me know
Test[encrypt]

So it looks like either the lack of space at the END (or possibly beginning when in the middle) of [encrypt] is causing this to not be detected as a word. Is this expected behaviour on the rule as it's looking for a full word (space before / after) rather than a string of text "within" the subject?

Could anyone point me in the direction if there is another option, such as using 'pattern' (although is that regex?) Many thanks in advance, I have looked for some time through various forums/internet, but cannot see anything that is similar enough to help.

Well, thanks to a very learned colleague, we have an answer if helps anyone. Changing the rule to match pattern and using ((?i)\[ENCRYPT\]) works well! - Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
L Transport rule - append disclaimer Exchange Server Administration 1
P Transport Agent or Rules/Connectors Exchange Server Administration 1
G set exch 2010 server as the default hub transport Exchange Server Administration 6
S Hub transport ex2007 - monitoring inbound Exchange Server Administration 2
S Database is mandatory on UserMailbox error during install of Hub Transport Exchange Server Administration 19
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
A rule name into message - how? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
bhamberg Finding a rouge rule... Using Outlook 6
D How to get this rule to work Using Outlook 0
B Seeking help with Outlook rule Using Outlook 2
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save attachment run a script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Rogue Outlook Rule ? Using Outlook 2
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
R Setup autofoward rule on a particular folder in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N Rule for "on behalf of" - with changing names Using Outlook 2
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2016 This rule will only run when you check your email in Outlook.... Using Outlook 4
Nadine Rule to move attachments with specific name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
B Outlook rule run a Script doesn't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
icacream Rule based on sender / wrong sender sent to folder Using Outlook 7
Bri the Tech Guy Run Script rule not running for newly arriving messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 25
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
A Change order of actions in one (!) rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J HELP- Rule to auto strip prepend from external emails Using Outlook 0
A Forward Outlook Email by Filtering using Macro Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 44
A rule to flag messages not working Using Outlook 5
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A saving attachement to folder named the same as rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0