Missing Folder in Outlook.com

Taffy1803

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
I'm a member of a sporting organisation. I have two folders for the emails it sends me - one for Committee items (such as minutes etc) and the other for its monthly newsletter. After I read the newsletter I move it to the folder.

When I looked for the latest newsletter this morning intending to read it, the folder had gone. I can find the newsletter by searching my emails - it tells me that the newsletters have been saved in the Newsletter folder but the folder itself has gone.

What should I do please?

Taffy1803

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
Hello Diane. I'd been looking for this in my outlook.com where I thought it was!

I always get mixed up re Outlook on the web and Outlook desktop software*** - all I can say is that my email address is ME@outlook.com and the URL when I eg open my Inbox is Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft.

I've opened every folder and the missing folders aren't there. Is there any other advice that you can give me please? I'd rather not do System Restore if at all possible.

***Is there an article here that explains the difference?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
System restore will not help if it is a folder in your mailbox.

Outlook on the web: you read mail in a web browser. It has all of the basic features, which is more than enough for many people.
Outlook desktop software: you use Outlook that comes with office software. It has a lot of features and capability and the ability to customize more settings.

There is no easy way to find the folder in Outlook in a web browser. You just need to expand every folder until you find it.

If you add the account to Outlook desktop using auto account setup, Outlook.com accounts are added as Exchange accounts and replicate the folder structure. Then you use search to find the message, then advanced find to find the folder.