Status
Not open for further replies.

yehuda

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all,

I'm new to BCM, and like others I feel the level of support from Microsoft is far from satisfactory. The development blog is inactive, the newsgroup is OOS, and there's no dedicated forum up on Technet.

That said, I'm happy to have found this forum and hope that someone can give me a hand.

So I use BCM in a multi-user environment with one shared database, and I'm trying to figure out how to let other users know when I create an opportunity and assign it to them. The documentation clearly says that reminders will be added to the other user's to-do list (see this video at 1:25), but I can't make it work. Here, all reminders are created for me.

This feature is key to using BCM successfully in a team environment, so it is important for me to make it work. If anyone knows how, please let me know! Thanks

I should mention that as part of my self-help efforts I even went so far as to simulate a common out-of-the-box environment on a Virtual Machine, and since it has not worked there either I'm beginning to wonder if it's in the code at all!

Good question, and would be a very usefull feature.

I think you have 2 optional solutions in your case, as far as I can see:

1) Setting the "assigned to user" box for the user the opportunity is for and make it a habit for them to regularly check if there are new opportunities for them.

2) Notify them by e-mail. This can be done in 2 ways:

a) make an appointment and "invite" the users the opportunity is for to the appointment....they will be send an e-mail.

b) just make a new e-mail, select "attach item", outlook-item", select "business contact manager", select business records", select "opportunities", select the desired opportunity....you now have the opportunity attached to the e-mail and you can send it to the required person.

Hope this helps for you, otherwise: let me know :)

Many thanks for the ideas. I think I'll stick with option 1 and ask the users to notify each other by phone, email or SMS when they change assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.