New Style get duplicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
In my Journal entry, I created a new style called 'My Code' based on Body Text for courier new, 8pt, black, indented, automatic update and applied it to some text.

The style is saved with 'Add to Quick Style list' and 'New documents based on this template'.

I saved the journal entry. Then created another journal entry. When I look at the Format Text Styles, I now see two new style 'My Code' and 'My Code1'.

Looking back at my original journal, the text I formatted with 'My Code' is now assigned to 'My Code1'.

Using the style manager, I select all of that style and click on revert to 'My Code'. The 'My Code1' goes away from the Quick style and from the style manager list.

If I then close the journal and reopen it, 'My Code1' is back. If ignore that and opening/close the journal adding text to it formatting it as 'My Code'. I get 'My Code2', 'My Code3'... on and on.

What is going on and how to I stop this style replication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A Form style totally changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
Jennifer Murphy Equations don't comply with style setting to left justify Using Outlook 0
T In-line reply style in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
JimG Use VBA to add <style> tag to Email. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2010 Modify Style "Do not check spelling or grammar" not saving Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H "Normal" Style Changes When Replying Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010 custom font style duplicates itself every time I save a task Using Outlook 0
D Point Size for Fonts in Custom Font Style (Outlook 2013) Using Outlook 0
E Monthly Style Calendar Printing Using Outlook 6
S Printing Selected Date Range in Monthly Style Using Outlook 1
B Meeting Form print style Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Klaas "To Address" duplicated when moving msg to another folder Using Outlook 2
U TABS MISSING OR DUPLICATED - BCM 2007 on Vista laptop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
V How to create add-in to delete duplicated contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1