Form style totally changes

allensbad

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,
I’m trying to create a new email message form from the default email message form in Outlook 2019, the only difference is I want the subject line background to be a different color.

When I open the form in the editor the style totally changes, I now have 3d buttons for To and Cc, I completely loose the From and Bcc fields, and the colors revert back to something from the 90s, the form looks nothing like the original.

The process seems simple enough, open a new email, select the developer tab, design this form, make the required changes.
Is this how it is or am I missing something?

I would really like the forms to look like 2020 and not 1995...lol

Regards
Al

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That is how the forms designer works - and if you edit the form, you loose the pretty form and get the ugly gray form. :( You need to use a forms region or customize the buttons & background etc to make them look more like the current form.

Vipul Rajput

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello,
I’m trying to create a new email message form from the default email message form in Outlook 2019, the only difference is I want the subject line background to be a different color.

When I open the form in the editor the style totally changes, I now have 3d buttons for To and Cc, I completely loose the From and Bcc fields, and the colors revert back to something from the 90s, the form looks nothing like the original.

The process seems simple enough, open a new email, select the developer tab, design this form, make the required changes.
Is this how it is or am I missing something?

I would really like the forms to look like 2020 and not 1995...lol

Regards
Al
No you are not missing anything.