Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar

Post number 2 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chri3sss

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,

I'd like my Outlook O365 calendar to show the day number of the year for each day (e.g. today is 2/6/2020 so show "37 of 366" -as this is leap year) which is not a native function in Outlook.

I figured out the VBA code to calculate this. How can I get the results to show up for each day? Maybe a macro to insert a "not busy" appointment at 7:00 AM each day with the day number as the subject line?

Thanks,
Chris

In case anyone is interested the code is:

Sub DayOfYrCt()

Dim intDayNmbr As Integer
Dim dt As Date: dt = Date
intDayNmbr = DateDiff("d", CDate("1/1/" & Year(dt)), dt) + 1

Dim LongDaysInYr As Long
LongDaysInYr = 365 - (Year(dt) Mod 4 = 0) + (Year(dt) Mod 100 = 0) - (Year(dt) Mod 400 = 0)

'Debug.Print intDayNmbr; "of"; LongDaysInYr

End Sub

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You need to either add an all day /not busy or insert it at a specific time.

This would be the subject - intDayNmbr; "of"; LongDaysInYr

and you need to loop through each day in the year.

Or... I have a HOL file that does this already. It create an all day event (because it uses the Holiday function.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Outlook 2013 VBA I want to put the entire message to clipboard Using Outlook 5
H How do I import all my old email from Entourage 2004 (I have put email in separated folders), into my smart box of Outlook 2011 ? Thanks__ Using Outlook 2
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
M Retrieve data from GAL and put it in Clipboard Using Outlook 1
A Create Task from Email and put body & email as attachment into task notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
J Rule to put ONLY sent items in specific folder Using Outlook 1
R How do I create a macro to put text in certain emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Grab info from attachment and put into SQL db Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How do I find Calendar events that have been put off with Snooze? Using Outlook 2
V What happens when "Resource" recipients are put in To/cc boxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
A Reminder duplication Outlook and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
F Moving Outlook to new PC Using Outlook 0
mll persistently customise columns in outlook advanced search Using Outlook 3
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 1
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
R Rogue Outlook Rule ? Using Outlook 2
S vba outlook search string with special characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
S Mac Outlook 365 Questions Using Outlook 1
M Outlook calendar is missing Using Outlook 2
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Trigger script without restaring outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Have you written an articles about Outlook? Using Outlook 3
V Compound IF, OR, AND in Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Outlook automation pull from PDF Using Outlook 5
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 3
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1