32 bit to 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

matan

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Just bought the new ver. of Office 64 bit.
i tried to move all my old emails/folders by exporting the .pst from my old 2003 ver. (32 bit) to the new ver. (64 bit)
i keep getting the :
"Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists."

is it because the 32/64 bit differnt ver.?

is there any way to convert the 32 .pst to 64?

thanks

No, the bitness won't matter, especially with a pst file. Something else is wrong. Did you make a new profile? What type of email account is configured in Outlook?
both configured emails are pop3 (is that what you mean by configured?).
i tried to import the .pst before i even started the accounts settings (several accounts), but the same error occured when i tried to import it after the accoounts settings.
**the .pst is ~5gb.
**it contain several folders.
**i did not set all the emails accounts before i tried to import the .pst.
**i scaned and fixed the file.

both configured emails are pop3 (is that what you mean by configured?).
Yes. In some cases when upgrading versions, Outlook thinks you have an exchange account and can return a similar server error message.
**i did not set all the emails accounts before i tried to import the .pst.
As long as there is a post file, it doesn't matter if the accounts are set up. And as long as the pst is not the old Outlook97-2002 format that is limited to 2GB, you don't need to import - just open the pst in the new profile and set it as the delivery location for the account(s).

Did you set a password on the pst? That error also results when a pst is passworded but you cancel the dialog. Outlook has been known to think there is a password when one was not set - try one of the password utilities here and see if it 'sees' a password. (I use pstpassword because it was the first free one, but any should work fine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.