[duplicates duplicates duplicates] please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what I was thinking. :) The paths you see are the new paths, as of outlook 2010.

Calendar and contacts are stored in the data files with email - in Outlook 2013 this can be in the Outlook.com data file, an IMAP data file, or a local pst file. If they are in an outlook.com data file, they will sync to the server. If they are in a POP# or IMAP data file, you won't sync. (I do not recommend using an IMAP folder because they could get lost too easily.)

The "junk" needed to sync outlook with Outlook 2013 is built in, you do not need anything extra.

It does not look like Verizon-branded Hotmail- it looks like some flavor of linux. That means you are limited to POP3 and need to export the contacts (and calendar) as CSV file to get them into Outlook.

I assume this is the instructions you use: http://www22.verizon.com/support/re...et/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/86782.htm

Yes, I saw the instructions from Verizon, but it's all sort of basic knowledge.

I'm making one last effort, I'm using ScanPST.EXE and try to "Fix" the PST file. I started this morning at 8:30AM EST, it just finished scanning the 30+Gb PST file, and it asked me for the Name of the backup file before making the corrections. As I just looked at it, ScanPST.exe was frozen. I'll wait approximately an hour to see if it's still hung. I'm attaching portions of my log file to show you what kind of errors that were found by ScanPST.EXE. It's only a 6Kb file, and the original file as a little over 12Mb. Hope you can see what kind of errors that were found.

Thank You. :)

Attachments

• Verizon-On-Line-Log.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,155
6 mb of errors? Wow. Fingers crossed that it worked.

No, but you think that 12Mb is a little? Any how, when I went to write a new PST file, it asked me if I wanted to keep a Back Up, and silly me, agreed (I used a COPY of my PST file on a different partition, then copied OLMAPI32.DLL, SCANPST.EXE, SCNPST32.DLL, SCNPST62.DLL, and SCNPST64C.DLL, in a Temporary directory) and it froze for about 6-8 hours. I let it go because the new PST, even though it was the same size of the original (36.4Gb), the date and time was being updated every couple of minutes. Then, once the date and time stopped updating, I had to force it to shut down with a program called "Process Explorer" by SysInternals.com. Then I decided to copy the NEW PST file back into my "C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\Outlook Files\" directory to see if it worked, and Outlook couldn't even open the file.

So, in desperation, I decided to get Stellar Phoenix's PST Repair. Right now, it's still scanning my PST (in the Temp directory), and hopefully, tonight, I will know if it works. If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Thank You.

David

If Stellar can't get it, nothing can. It is one of the best pst repair products available (along with datanuman and leipede's products).

So the data file is 34 GB? Do you think that is an accurate size or is it bloated?

If Stellar can't get it, nothing can. It is one of the best pst repair products available (along with datanuman and leipede's products).

So the data file is 34 GB? Do you think that is an accurate size or is it bloated?

I know it's bloated, I think that something went wrong when I upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2013. I'll let you know how I make out, hopefully, before the end of the weekend. :)

Or ... boy that is taking a long time. BTW, I'm going to be on vacation for a week, so responses may be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.