Starting Fresh with a new PST file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vze2mp9g

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Is it possible to start a NEW/FRESH PST file in Outlook 2013 and keep all your contacts, rules, and RSS feeds, if so, how can this be done? Second scenario, I backed up all my Contacts to .vcf cards, all my mail rules to a .rwz file, and my RSS feeds to an .OPML file. Now can I start a NEW PST file with these files? Also, regarding the .rwz file: Do I have to create all the folders that are in the .rwz file, or will Outlook automatically make those folders? I know the answer (I have to create all the folders), but I was hoping that you might have an alternative method. Now, if I create a NEW PST file in the second scenario, will I be able to use the ORIGINAL PST file (the 34.6Gb PST file) as a "archive" file? What I mean is that I would create a NEW PST file every year instead of using the same PST file and watch it grow into a 50GB file.
I've been using Outlook since Windows 98, and I should have planned it back then, but I never would have even dreamed that I would end up with a monster! But then again, I was on the internet since 1991 when I was receiving UseNet Newsgroups from Rutgers in Northern New Jersey. I was running a BBS (Bulletin Board System) at that time using a program call DLG BB/OS for the Commodore Amiga.
Technically, my first on line experience was when I purchased my first computer (Commodore 64/128) in 1983, I used a system called Quantum Link with a 1200 Baud modem and using 5 1/4" & 3 1/2" disks. I believe that is around the time AOL started as well. Those were the good days. Back then 64 bytes in a computer could do allot! Now we need at least 8/16Gb of memory and at least 1Tb HDD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Macro using .SendUsingAccount only works the first time, after starting Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Rule starting a VB macro against incoming email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
S Setup many personal calendars on outlook 2013 on new laptop- starting over Using Outlook 1
N Starting out with BCM - Customizing contact records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Starting up outlook in Windows 8 Using Outlook 2
K Starting Outlook 2013 x64 minimized in Win 8 with or without Task manager Using Outlook 5
D Starting Outlook 2K3 without e-mail support Using Outlook 4
S Starting outlook in imap Inbox Using Outlook 7
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
T Click "A" to see all email from people with names starting with A... etc Using Outlook 3
J Problems starting Information Store Server in Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 13
C Starting out and would like advice Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
DoctorJellybean Use OST file location for fresh installation? Using Outlook 1
P Recommendation for PST repair program Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 Bad experience with KernelAPPS PST Repair program Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
J SCANPST errors Outlook PST repair? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
J What are .PST.db and .PST.db.journal Files? Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
L Article on merging pst file Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Changing where data .pst is saved to Using Outlook 3
M Convertor for Outlook Express Mail Store (.dbx) to Outlook Mail Store (.pst) Using Outlook 0
D a general question re how backup programs handle pst files ... I have no problems, just curious Using Outlook 1
R Problem moving file “Email folders.pst” to new PC Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J outlook 2007 doesn't let me choose which .pst to search Using Outlook 2
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3
K Export Folder to PST Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 2
M Export-Import .pst file problems Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6