AOL 521 5.2.1 rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmgetaway

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
I have a variety of users in different areas working with differing ISP. last week we started getting these notifications when trying to send to AOL through Outlook (differing versions including 2011 for Mac, 2010, and 2007). I am able to send to AOL accounts through my Mac Mail as well as through other platforms, it appears just to AOL through Outlook that is the issue. After reading many posts, I have identified that:

1. There is nothing in my account description that includes "AOL"

2. Changing my port, which is set at 2525 as we had an issue with Comcast blocking 25, to 587 as well as trying 25 (which did not go since Comcast has it blocked). Those are the only ports open on our mail server so could not try others

3. It is most likely an AOL/Outlook issue since we have tried on several platforms and going through several ISP

Baffled at this point, as is the team of IT professionals that host our email. I am not a member of AOL, so there is no support from them. ANy ideas?

The original message was received at Mon, 07 Oct 2013 14:37:30 -0700
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ---
<guzzardoholli@aol.com
----- Transcript of session follows ---
> . while talking to mailin-02.mx.aol.com

DATA

<<< 521 5.2.1 : AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

rmgetaway

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
No AOL in the description, thanks for that recommendation but had found that thread and confirmed no AOL in description. I have to believe it can only be something with outlook, but cannot figure out what it could be. May require finding an outlook alternative. Thanks for trying though.

josie

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
rmgetaway,

I'm experiencing the same problem. It started on 10/4. My IT support can't figure out what's going on. If you do find a solution please post.

Thanks!

ladydi711

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have the same problem only in reverse; I can send to aol addresses from my mail server via Outlook 2013. The same server has an application that sends email to site members, and the 521 rejections just started occurring on/around 10/04.

I have not been able to determine anything, but did open a ticket at http://postmaster.aol.com/SupportRequest.php.

Looking for any clues to help get this resolved... If I get any info back from AOL, I will post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
P AOL messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
P 2013 AOL IMAP Sync Errors Using Outlook 5
C AOL/IMAP Issue Using Outlook 6
K Aol and remote devices Using Outlook 1
G Deleting AOL Emails form Outlook 2010 or 2013 Using Outlook 1
J problems with viewing aol emails in Outlook Using Outlook 3
V Setting up Outlook 2013 for AOL (POP3) Account Using Outlook 16
S Outlook 2010 and aol Using Outlook 1
D 2007 Outlook no longer connecting with AOL account. Help, small business! Using Outlook 1
B my outlook has stopped receiving and sending e mails to and from my aol e mail Using Outlook 3
J suddenly can't sync with AOL Using Outlook 1
C How come when I send e-mails using Microsoft Outlook and I am in my aol address, the e-mails I send go to my sent box in my Personal Folder rather tha Using Outlook 2
U 2 easy questions, Outlook 10 and an AOL IMAP type account Using Outlook 4
P When connecting to an AOL account all mail is downloaded but syncronizing subscribed folders hangs. Any ideas! Using Outlook 2
R Setting up Outlook to accept netscape mail thru AOL Using Outlook 4
J Sending Attachments to AOL and MAC recipients Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive for unread AOL IMAP messages Using Outlook 3
M Hi, Somehow all my aol email ended up in microsoft express and I don't want it there. How do I get it back to my aol mail account? Using Outlook 1
J I need to set up AOL on Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
J Suddenly, I have 400 old Emails added to my inbox. I am using Aol with Microsoft Outlook 7. Using Outlook 1
K Office 2003 won't send e-mail thru AOL Using Outlook 1
D Virus Scan AOL Mail within Outlook Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2010 and AOL Using Outlook 1
S Linking Microsoft Outlook to AOL email Using Outlook 1
C How do you transfer AOL email folders into MS Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
A MS Outlook 2007 and AOL connectivity issue (IMAP settings) Using Outlook 2
W Microsoft Office 2003 w/ AOL folder problem: Your imp server has closed the connection. Can’t move Using Outlook 7
P IMAP errors with AOL during sync Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3