AOL 521 5.2.1 rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmgetaway

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
I have a variety of users in different areas working with differing ISP. last week we started getting these notifications when trying to send to AOL through Outlook (differing versions including 2011 for Mac, 2010, and 2007). I am able to send to AOL accounts through my Mac Mail as well as through other platforms, it appears just to AOL through Outlook that is the issue. After reading many posts, I have identified that:

1. There is nothing in my account description that includes "AOL"

2. Changing my port, which is set at 2525 as we had an issue with Comcast blocking 25, to 587 as well as trying 25 (which did not go since Comcast has it blocked). Those are the only ports open on our mail server so could not try others

3. It is most likely an AOL/Outlook issue since we have tried on several platforms and going through several ISP

Baffled at this point, as is the team of IT professionals that host our email. I am not a member of AOL, so there is no support from them. ANy ideas?

The original message was received at Mon, 07 Oct 2013 14:37:30 -0700
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ---
<guzzardoholli@aol.com
----- Transcript of session follows ---
> . while talking to mailin-02.mx.aol.com

DATA

<<< 521 5.2.1 : AOL will not accept delivery of this message.

No AOL in the description, thanks for that recommendation but had found that thread and confirmed no AOL in description. I have to believe it can only be something with outlook, but cannot figure out what it could be. May require finding an outlook alternative. Thanks for trying though.

rmgetaway,

I'm experiencing the same problem. It started on 10/4. My IT support can't figure out what's going on. If you do find a solution please post.

Thanks!

I have the same problem only in reverse; I can send to aol addresses from my mail server via Outlook 2013. The same server has an application that sends email to site members, and the 521 rejections just started occurring on/around 10/04.

I have not been able to determine anything, but did open a ticket at http://postmaster.aol.com/SupportRequest.php.

Looking for any clues to help get this resolved... If I get any info back from AOL, I will post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.