[SOLVED] 2013 AOL IMAP Sync Errors

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I am using Outlook 2013 with multiple email accounts, I get two pop ups every few min that states:

"Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: 1 That mail is not currently available"

"Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: 2 That mail is not currently available"

When I manually send/receive the progress box shows Sending completed for all my email accounts, then when synchronizing my accounts complete fine except for my AOL...it hangs up on synchronizing subscribed folders so these two errors must be related to my AOL email.

I have tried Googling this but it seems to be a very complicated error to fix from many approaches, any suggestions?

Forum Admin

It's not the usual AOL error message - but the cause and solution might be the same. Check in the Sync errors folder (from the Folder list module - Ctrl+6 to jump to it) - if you have a lot of folders it may tell you which folder is the problem.

Create a pst file and move the mail to it then log into the account in your browser and delete anything left in the folder- they are what are causing the problems. Then move the mail back into the iamp folders.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
There is no sync error folder in the folder list module?

How do you create a pst file? I don't need to keep any mail

Forum Admin

Switch to the folder list - Ctrl+6 will open it - and you should see a sync issues folder.

If you really don't need to keep any mail, delete everything online. If you want to keep some, go to file, account settings, data file tab, and click Add to create a new pst, back in outlook, right click on it and choose New folder to add a folder to it (new pst files only have a deleted folder) then drag mail to the folder. Go online and delete anything left in behind.

Now, if you think the error is just in the local data file, you can close Outlook, go to %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook and delete the imap data file. Outlook will create a fresh new data file.

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Before you replied I figured it out the problem was solved by simply deleting all the mail in my browsers "spam" and "trash"

Went back to Outlook and syned with no issues (and much faster) :)