Contacts gone missing in Outlook 2013 POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterL

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have just reloaded all my software after a problem. I am running Outlook 2013 under Windows 10 64 bit Anniversary edition. When I used to click the "People' link I had about three different contact groups under the main 'My Contacts', two of them have disappeared and I am left with just one. Can I restore them somehow?Thank you.

Attachments

• outlook.png
    outlook.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 543
it depends where the contacts were stored. Do you have all of the pst files in your profile that you had before?

Switch to folder list view (ctrl+6) - do you see the missing contact folders?

Thank you so much Diane for your reply. I did as you suggested and yes, both the other folders are still there but do not display in the 'People' section. Also, how do I get back to my standard view after pressing ctrl+6?

Attachments

• outlook.jpg
    outlook.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 531
Hello again Diane, they have miraculously re-appeared with out me doing anything, how is that possible? What would we dummies do without wonderful people like you helping us

it depends where they were - but my guess is the nav pane updated so you can see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Suggested Contacts are gone Using Outlook 10
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
L Favorites for People/Contacts? Using Outlook 1
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
GregS Exporting contacts Using Outlook 1
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0