Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kburrows

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As an example, if I have company ABC Distributing and there are multiple people in that company, I like to create a company contact with the main phone number and information and then contacts for each employee without the main company number. I do this so that when someone calls from the main number, I get just the company name for the caller ID instead of showing either a random employee or a group of employees. Same for the employee. it's just cleaner for me that way. At some point, I will either get a call or will be in the company contact information and I will notice one of the employee's names and contact information is showing on the caller ID and will be merged in with the company only information. The original employee contact is also still there. I have an iPhone, so is it a function of the iPhone thinking it's being smart merging the information or a function of Outlook (Office 365 version) merging the data? Why does it only do it with stand-alone company contacts? Does it have to do with the primary business number not in the staff contact info? This happens very regularly, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2016 Outlook Requesting Phone Number??? Using Outlook 1
O Get Outlook on your phone for free - web page pop up Using Outlook 8
J outlook tasks on a phone Using Outlook 3
I Outlook on Windows Phone - compressed images .emz Using Outlook 0
Travis Lloyd Linking Outlook 2016 Desktop To POP3 Acc't On Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
GregS No contacts sync from Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone Using Outlook 0
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
iwshim softphone software for VoIP phone for OUTLOOK Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 calendar won't sync with Android phone Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Fix Phone Number Using Outlook 19
Glyn Outlook sync to Android Phone Using Outlook 1
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P IM and Phone icon is Grayed out in Outlook 2013 - Using Lync 2013 Using Outlook 4
Commodore Syncing Outlook 2013 and Windows phone Using Outlook 8
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
C Outlook 2013 Windows Phone, Outlook 365/2013 POP Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
B synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone Using Outlook 6
P Outlook 2013 Phone Number Format Using Outlook 0
A Updating Outlook Contact Phone Nos to international dialling codes Using Outlook 5
B Problems with outlook calendar and android phone syncing calendars Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J phone icon greyed out in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
Terry Sullivan Android Phone E-Mails Not Disappearing After Being Deleted in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1
V Sync Outlook contacts and calendar to Android phone Using Outlook 3
C Outlook contacts sync to windows phone I'm confused Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A outlook 2013 people hub :: phone button Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2013, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.5 WP7.5 Setup Using Outlook 11
G Syncing outlook Calendar with I-{Phone and I-pod Using Outlook 1
A How to e-mail mp3 file from Outlook to my phone. Using Outlook 1
M Phone Message form in outlook 2007. How to start? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Any phone dialers that integrate with Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 2007: Phone List View - Field Names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9