synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a user who wants to continue synching calendar, tasks, contacts on his android phone while using google and outlook 2010. He was able to do this until the app was recently discontinued. Any suggestions?

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I actually bought gsyncit but then he decided he wanted to see how Outlook.com and Outlook 2010 work together. Any experience with this and if so, any suggestions, etc.? Remember, he has an Android phone. Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.
If I'm not mistaken, Diane....he has a Gmail email account but just has his work email (which I believe is POP3) forwarded to that account and just has his phone able to access it. The only real synching is of his calendar/contacts in his Google account with his Outlook 2010 items. Still stay with gsyncit in your opinion?

Forum Admin

So he's not using a gmail email address, just using it as a go-between for getting work mail on the phone? In that case, he could forward work mail to outlook.com instead... but that still means an extra data file in outlook - with gsyncit, he can sync the calendar and contacts in the POP3 pst to gmail - he doesn't have to do anything except set it up.

If he uses outlook.com, he needs to set the outlook.com data file as default then move the calendar and contacts to the outlook.com folders.

If he didn't own gysncit, then i'd say try outlook.com and see how it goes, but I think it's less confusing to have one data file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016 not synching Using Outlook 4
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
L Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client Using Outlook 5
james27_84 Outlook 2013 not synching changes to server Using Outlook 6
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
B Outlook 2007 and Live Calendar Stopped Synching Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Synching outlook 2007 with iCloud Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Lync presence not synching with Exchange (2013) Exchange Server Administration 1
W Contacts in a public folder synching with a user's contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
P How can I stop Outlook 365 duplicating the posts? Using Outlook 0
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 Mail Fails Using Outlook 1
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Owl Export Outlook PDF Attachment as JPG? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Seeking help with Outlook rule Using Outlook 2
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2019 intermittent search results Using Outlook 0
hstein POP3 latest Outlook Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2003 and Windows 11 Using Outlook 4
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
A Reminder duplication Outlook and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
F Moving Outlook to new PC Using Outlook 0
mll persistently customise columns in outlook advanced search Using Outlook 3
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 3
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
R Rogue Outlook Rule ? Using Outlook 2