synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a user who wants to continue synching calendar, tasks, contacts on his android phone while using google and outlook 2010. He was able to do this until the app was recently discontinued. Any suggestions?

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I actually bought gsyncit but then he decided he wanted to see how Outlook.com and Outlook 2010 work together. Any experience with this and if so, any suggestions, etc.? Remember, he has an Android phone. Thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.

bloozfan

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Do you use a Gmail or outlook.com account for email? if yes, use gsyncit with Gmail, or stick with outlook.com.

If no, do you use pop3 or imap? With pop3, gsyncit would be my choice, especially since its paid for as it syncs your current calendar with Gmail. Outlook.com adds another data file to the profile - if you used imap in outlook 2013, this would be good, but in 2010, it adds a 3rd data file. So... basically, gsyncit unless you already use outlook.com.
If I'm not mistaken, Diane....he has a Gmail email account but just has his work email (which I believe is POP3) forwarded to that account and just has his phone able to access it. The only real synching is of his calendar/contacts in his Google account with his Outlook 2010 items. Still stay with gsyncit in your opinion?

Forum Admin

So he's not using a gmail email address, just using it as a go-between for getting work mail on the phone? In that case, he could forward work mail to outlook.com instead... but that still means an extra data file in outlook - with gsyncit, he can sync the calendar and contacts in the POP3 pst to gmail - he doesn't have to do anything except set it up.

If he uses outlook.com, he needs to set the outlook.com data file as default then move the calendar and contacts to the outlook.com folders.

If he didn't own gysncit, then i'd say try outlook.com and see how it goes, but I think it's less confusing to have one data file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016 not synching Using Outlook 4
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
L Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client Using Outlook 5
james27_84 Outlook 2013 not synching changes to server Using Outlook 6
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
B Outlook 2007 and Live Calendar Stopped Synching Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Synching outlook 2007 with iCloud Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Lync presence not synching with Exchange (2013) Exchange Server Administration 1
W Contacts in a public folder synching with a user's contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 2
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 0
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
@ Outlook Using Outlook 2
kburrows Outlook 365 - Ribbon Customizations Disappear Using Outlook 0
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
S Activities in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S ios outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook - eliminate same adresses from to, and bc line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook EAS protocol version Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2021 'Run Script" Rules? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 8
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B iCloud telling me my Outlook is not supported Using Outlook 2
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0