Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have several contacts folders under my account and want them all accessible on MS Outlook Iphone client.
To do that I had to move all except the default one, under the defalut folder.

But Siri, Cortana's cousin, cannot seem to see any contacts other than the default root one.

Guess I'll have to stop driving while phoning.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Turns out that MS Outlook app for the Iphone has an advanced setting that does just what you say. Siri then uses it. But the MS Iphone app does not synch or export contact subfolders. Since Iphone contacts, unlike MS Outlook iphone client, supposedly cannot read contact subfolders, the work around would have to be an export-merge of the root and subfolder contacts folders to the Iphone built in contacts app. That wb fine for me because the contacts in each folder are unique.

Looking like I'll have to manually export and merge them into Icloud from my pc. every week. A pita.

THe iphone MS app has a dedicated help team accessed within the app. I'm asking them too and will post their response. Apparently they hadn't had a contacts subfolder question before.

Funny how things change and don't in mobil tech. Synching has been a pita for the last 15 years with so many devices.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In app tech support confirmed that MS OL for IPhone only sends the Apple Contacts app data from the root personal contacts folder. Tech was surprised also. Still chewing it over at MS.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ah. It's just the sync process that is the problem. I set the account up in the native apple app - i originally only synced contacts but had to turn on mail for the shortest sync possible so I could send mail using the apple apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016 not synching Using Outlook 4
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Lync presence not synching with Exchange (2013) Exchange Server Administration 1
B synching outlook 2010 with google on android phone Using Outlook 6
james27_84 Outlook 2013 not synching changes to server Using Outlook 6
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
B Outlook 2007 and Live Calendar Stopped Synching Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Synching outlook 2007 with iCloud Using Outlook 1
S Synching calenders with iphone when old Outlook lost Using Outlook 1
S Send and receive errors when synching with Hotmail Using Outlook 3
P Problem using multiple devices and synching the inbox on Miscrosoft MS Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
O synching to an HTC with Android Using Outlook 2
G Social Network picture to contact synching Using Outlook 2
M Synching exchange accounts Using Outlook 1
T Color coding lost on Outlook calendar when synching with Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
W Contacts in a public folder synching with a user's contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Can signatures synch to Office Portal Using Outlook 1
T I'm thinking about moving from outlook.com to the Outlook I have in my Office 365 Using Outlook 1
Q Prompt button to auto turn on Out of Office Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook Office 365 Win 10 how do I control background colors of events? Using Outlook 1
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
R How Can I backup office 365 account? Exchange Server Administration 1
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
O Office 365 Outlook - mark to download Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
L Office 365 cloud based rules Using Outlook 1
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
O Office 365 - Outlook - Password protect your mailbox Using Outlook 7