Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As per the title. Outlook Version is 2207 (Build 15427.20194 Click to Run). If I log in to all 5 accounts (3 Exchange, 2 IMAP) all is good even if I close and re-open the app, but following reboot it asks for passwords again. (I have checked the 'stay logged in' option on the Gmail accounts) I have seen a long thread on the Microsoft Community site with this exact problem back in 2020 to which one of the solutions was to check for tasks in task scheduler, but I have and there are none, ideas welcomed.

There should be at least one office task, checking for updates... but it should be causing problems.

Do you have windows updates waiting to install? That can affect saving changes.
Do you use ccleaner or similar? Don't - they often remove files or registry settings you need.
Are you logging in as a windows administrator account or user account?

Sorry what I meant was in that MS community thread the command
Get-ScheduledTask | foreach { If (([xml](Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName $_.TaskName -TaskPath $_.TaskPath)).GetElementsByTagName("LogonType").'#text' -eq "S4U") { $_.TaskName } }
was suggested to identify the tasks that needed to be disabled to work round the issue, however when I issued that command there was no output.
There are several scheduled tasks visible in Task Scheduler but I guess they must not be configured in that way.
The issue is intermittent, and today everything signed in without issue. Zero degree of confidence it won't return though.
I don't use CCleaner, and I am logging in as an Administrator

The issue has returned, sometimes prompting for the Outlook.com account password, sometimes the Google IMAP accounts passwords

Outlook now prompts for passwords for al accounts (mixture of Exchange and IMAP. Office desktop apps show 'sorry we can't get to your account right now, to fix this sign in again' good internet connection and OneDrive for Business is connected. MS techs just keep deleting credentials, and having me sign in, which fixes it until the next reboot. Achieving nothing.

I am also getting AAD error 1098 and warning 1097 in the Event Viewer (sometimes two per second) - AADTokenBrokerPlugin operation

Error: 0x8009002C The specified data could not be decrypted.
Exception of type 'class WinRTException' at AuthorizationClient.cpp, line: 131, method: ADALRT::AuthorizationClientDeserialize.

Log: 0xcaa10083 Exception in WinRT wrapper.
Logged at AuthorizationClient.cpp, line: 131, method: ADALRT::AuthorizationClientDeserialize.

Looks as though this could be related - ideas welcome.

Still no-one up for a challenge?

Outlook still prompting for passwords for al accounts (mixture of Exchange and IMAP. Also get 'OneDrive is not signed in' message. MS M365 techs just keep having me delete credentials, but the problem returns on next reboot.

I am still getting the AAD error 1098 and warning 1097 in the Event Viewer (sometimes two per second) - AADTokenBrokerPlugin operation

Exception of type 'class WinRTException' at AuthorizationClient.cpp, line: 131, method: ADALRT::AuthorizationClientDeserialize.

Logged at AuthorizationClient.cpp, line: 131, method: ADALRT::AuthorizationClientDeserialize.

M365 say it's a Windows problem, Windows support say it's normal (the AAD error that is, not the password prompts) At my wits end here and considering ditching M365 for Google Workspace

Something I said? Appreciate everyone is a volunteer here but seems as though this forum is no longer active, happy to be proved wrong of course.

Presume this is outside the scope of this forum. Would have been nice to have a reply to confirm.

Presume this is outside the scope of this forum. Would have been nice to have a reply to confirm.
Not necessarily - I got busy and didn't see your follow up - the forum only notifies for the first one since my last view of the thread, I so missed the follow ups.

Still no-one up for a challenge?

Outlook still prompting for passwords for al accounts (mixture of Exchange and IMAP. Also get 'OneDrive is not signed in' message. MS M365 techs just keep having me delete credentials, but the problem returns on next reboot.

I am still getting the AAD error 1098 and warning 1097 in the Event Viewer (sometimes two per second) - AADTokenBrokerPlugin operation

M365 say it's a Windows problem, Windows support say it's normal (the AAD error that is, not the password prompts) At my wits end here and considering ditching M365 for Google Workspace
Is it still doing this and asking for passwords? I know it will often prompt for password if you work offline and come back on... but once its given, you shouldn't be asked again, until the next time. :)

Have you tried a new profile to see if you are asked for passwords? If it works, the profile is corrupt.

The AAD errors are normal, to the best of my knowledge.

Hi Diane, thanks for your reply, as I said, I do understand everyone is a volunteer with other things to do.

Yes this issue still persists. I have had support from the Microsoft O365 team, the Azure Active Directory team, Outlook desktop app support, and Windows support to no avail. The issue is intermittent and may only occur once in a couple of months, but when it does it is a pain as I have 6 accounts in my Outlook profile, all of which I need to log in to. There are two Office 365 accounts, one Microsoft account, and three Gmail accounts. I have tried a new profile, with no improvement. On support advice I made changes to the generic credentials, (i.e. deleted entries for them to be regenerated) even had to take out a trial Azure license for them to investigate (no resolution). Surely this must be an Outlook issue since Gmail accounts are involved? Loss of internet connectivity has been put forward as a possible cause, but there is no evidence of that in the router or powerline adapter logs.

Outlook 2016 installed, with Office.
I have been having outlook/exchange asking for password when outlook starts. I can enter password and it my ask again a few minutes later. or it may be a day between asking. This has been going on for several weeks.
i have tried deleting and reinstalling the outlook account.