Create custom Outlook 2013 Rule in Office 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is there a way I can create a custom server based rule in Office365 / Outlook 2013
What I am hoping for is something very simple like:
If “Mail = Read” & “Flag not set” & “Age > 2 Weeks” then “Move to Archive”

I'm using limited number of folders and Search.
The plan is that the only things that remain in my Inbox are items that require action or are less than 2 weeks old, everything else is in Archive , Sent or Deleted and I can use Search and Filtering to find things
Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook won't run rules on received mail after the fact - you'd need to use Run Rules now. You could use a rule to move it as it arrives then use a search folder to show unread, unflagged mail in the Archive that is less than 2 weeks old.

I use a Quick Step to file mail to my Archive folder (I call it Completed) as i finish with a message (or I delete it). Yeah, it's not as automatic as a rule, but it's a fast way to clear messages as i read them. Anything left in the inbox needs worked.

inlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks Diane, yes, at the moment, as part of my weekly review, I manual scan all opened, unflagged emails over 2 weeks old and QuickStep them to Archive.
I was hoping that there might be a script or some other cool way of automating the process. I guess I will just continue with my final scan in my weekly review process.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you doing the scanning or a rule? Manually running a rule will work - there is a date field you can use or you could use a run a script rule. Actually, i have a macro for moving aged mail - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/macro-move-aged-mail/ - it's run manually but you can call it using a reminder - http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/tasks/open-webpage-task-reminder-fires/ (remove the part that loads a web page and put the macro name: MoveAgedMail in it's place)

for the macro, you'd use
If intDateDiff > 30 And objVariant.UnRead = False And objVariant.IsMarkedAsTask = False Then

inlook

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi Diana and thanks. I'm scanning/ reviewing read and unflagged email list older than 2 weeks old before Quickstepping them to archive. What I want in the inbox is unread and read/flagged emails only.

Can I create these macros with Outlook 365 and cloud based folders (no psts)? If so I will have a look
Thanks again

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The macro will work with any account type - only exception is if you use outlook.com EAS you need to move to a pst file (because the account doesn't upload mail). As written it moves to a subfolder under inbox called 'old' - that can be changed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.