Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients

CraigJohnson

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
I've read and worked with your suggestions for creating a macro which creates a new email & BCC's the contacts that are selected, but if the contacts selected (or more importantly, the contact groups) are in a shared contacts folder, the contract groups don't resolve. If I used the default "Email" button in the Communicate ribbon group, it will resolve both contacts & contact groups from this shared contacts folder (of course the addresses are in the TO field for this button). Is there a way to mimic what's happening with the Email button with a macro, so both the contacts & contact groups will resolve when placed in the BCC field?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Task when a Message is Flagged New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Automatically create a task when sending a message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B on flag message event - create task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
Diane Poremsky Create an Outlook appointment from an email message New Slipstick.com Articles 4
Diane Poremsky Create a New Message using an HTML File or Stationery New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Create message from .msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook Crashes When You Reply or Create a New Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Create a New Message using an HTML File or Stationery New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O "Cannot create message because a data file...could not be found" Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Rule - Create Link in Forwarding Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C error message: 'you don't have permission to create an entry in this folder' Using Outlook 3
F Create a rule that requires the message be 'read' as a condition for action. Using Outlook 1
S Problem with trying to create 'New e-mail' message Using Outlook 4
J Cannot Create File Error Message Using Outlook 1
J Error message Outlook express Email - cannot create or send email but can receive? Using Outlook 2
A Error message: cannot create a new item__with newly installed Outlook 2010 on a Notebook Using Outlook 4
J Receive Event ID 4 error message when modifying Interop RGC or when Setup tries to create it Exchange Server Administration 1
K I am not able to type in the body of an email that I create or that I reply to. I can't even activate the cursor in the message body area. Using Outlook 1
D How to create a rule to move a message after it is read Using Outlook 3
H outlook 2003 all folder except sent folder if copy paste message its comes in today date.but in sent folder its create duplicate entry. i want same li Using Outlook 0
S Create Rule to Send a new message Using Outlook 0
B when forwarding contacts I get the message cant create file: Olktmp.vcf. right click the folder you want to create the folder in and then click proper Using Outlook 1
G 'Cannot Create File' message trying to view attachment Using Outlook 1
G Macro: Create New Message and Auto populate To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Can't create Outlook data file Outlook Wishlist 0
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
F How to create phone number as links in notes of Contacts Using Outlook 2
Nessa Can't create new appointment Using Outlook 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
G Can't create Folder Groups in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Can not create folder to store specific emails in in Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
W Create Search Folder excluding Specific Email Addresses Using Outlook 5
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
JackBlack What tools do you use to create the signature for email? Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater How to create a new email with @outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 32
F Should a new email account also create new contacts Using Outlook 2
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R Outlook add-in to create new contact from an email. Using Outlook 0
Tanja Östrand Outlook 2016 - Create Macro button to add text in Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Script to create a pst file for Archiving Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Can I create a Rule with Or'd conditions? Using Outlook 1