How to create a custom 'View Type'

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clapper

There are 5 basic 'View Types' in Outlook: Table, Timeline, Card, Business

Card, Day/Week/Month, Icon

Is it possible to create a customized View Type? I'm not talking about a

custom View, but a custom View Type?
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

No, that's now possible. All views are based on one of those seven types.

Sue Mosher

"Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message

news:82801B7B-AC4B-42D3-903C-2E71AE1D678B@microsoft.com...
> There are 5 basic 'View Types' in Outlook: Table, Timeline, Card, Business
> Card, Day/Week/Month, Icon

> Is it possible to create a customized View Type? I'm not talking about a
> custom View, but a custom View Type?

>
 
C

Clapper

That's too bad. Nice to have data all in one place, but with so little

control over options to print...

And you're right, that is 7, not 5 isn't it?

Thanks

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> No, that's now possible. All views are based on one of those seven types.

> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> news:82801B7B-AC4B-42D3-903C-2E71AE1D678B@microsoft.com...
> > There are 5 basic 'View Types' in Outlook: Table, Timeline, Card, Business
> > Card, Day/Week/Month, Icon
> > Is it possible to create a customized View Type? I'm not talking about a
> > custom View, but a custom View Type?
> >


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Sorry about the typo. I meant "not" not "now" as you apparently figured out.

And it's six types. I apparently can't count any better than I can type

today.

What print options are you hankering for?

Sue Mosher

"Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message

news:79DC6D5A-C29E-46C9-B54B-6ABC54D55202@microsoft.com...
> That's too bad. Nice to have data all in one place, but with so little
> control over options to print...

> And you're right, that is 7, not 5 isn't it?

> Thanks

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > No, that's now possible. All views are based on one of those seven types.
>

>> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> > news:82801B7B-AC4B-42D3-903C-2E71AE1D678B@microsoft.com...
> > > There are 5 basic 'View Types' in Outlook: Table, Timeline, Card,
> > > Business
> > > Card, Day/Week/Month, Icon
> >> > Is it possible to create a customized View Type? I'm not talking about
> > > a
> > > custom View, but a custom View Type?
> >> >

>

>
>>
 
C

Clapper

You and me both.

I have a contact list that has a bunch of info in for each contact, but I'd

like to print a list of just names and phone extensions. But since just a

name and extension doesn't take up much space, I want to be able to have

multiple columns. The only option I've found for multiple columns is the

print style of 'Phone Directory', but that's only available with the one of

the 'card' View Types. But the 'card' view types include several other fields

besides just name and extension. So I want to create a view type similar to

the 'card' type but with just name and extension fields.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> Sorry about the typo. I meant "not" not "now" as you apparently figured out.
> And it's six types. I apparently can't count any better than I can type
> today.

> What print options are you hankering for?

> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> news:79DC6D5A-C29E-46C9-B54B-6ABC54D55202@microsoft.com...
> > That's too bad. Nice to have data all in one place, but with so little
> > control over options to print...
> > And you're right, that is 7, not 5 isn't it?
> > Thanks
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> No, that's now possible. All views are based on one of those seven types.
> >
> >> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> >> news:82801B7B-AC4B-42D3-903C-2E71AE1D678B@microsoft.com...
> >> > There are 5 basic 'View Types' in Outlook: Table, Timeline, Card,
> >> > Business
> >> > Card, Day/Week/Month, Icon
> >> >> > Is it possible to create a customized View Type? I'm not talking about
> >> > a
> >> > custom View, but a custom View Type?
> >> >> >
> >
> >>


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Why not just create a new card view with only the fields you want to print?

It could also be a job for a mail merge to Word. Use the catalog style and

try formatting it with "newspaper" columns that snake across the page.

Sue Mosher

"Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message

news:96DF2D3C-684E-4D78-89FF-FCB1C1B1252D@microsoft.com...

> I have a contact list that has a bunch of info in for each contact, but
> I'd
> like to print a list of just names and phone extensions. But since just a
> name and extension doesn't take up much space, I want to be able to have
> multiple columns. The only option I've found for multiple columns is the
> print style of 'Phone Directory', but that's only available with the one
> of
> the 'card' View Types. But the 'card' view types include several other
> fields
> besides just name and extension. So I want to create a view type similar
> to
> the 'card' type but with just name and extension fields.
 
C

Clapper

I've tried that, but when I print my custom card view with the Phone List

'View Type' I still get fields I don't want.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> Why not just create a new card view with only the fields you want to print?

> It could also be a job for a mail merge to Word. Use the catalog style and
> try formatting it with "newspaper" columns that snake across the page.
> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> news:96DF2D3C-684E-4D78-89FF-FCB1C1B1252D@microsoft.com...
> > I have a contact list that has a bunch of info in for each contact, but
> > I'd
> > like to print a list of just names and phone extensions. But since just a
> > name and extension doesn't take up much space, I want to be able to have
> > multiple columns. The only option I've found for multiple columns is the
> > print style of 'Phone Directory', but that's only available with the one
> > of
> > the 'card' View Types. But the 'card' view types include several other
> > fields
> > besides just name and extension. So I want to create a view type similar
> > to
> > the 'card' type but with just name and extension fields.


>
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Sorry, but I don't follow. Could you provide enough detail that someone else

could try to duplicate your scenario?

Sue Mosher

"Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message

news:AF735076-A4B7-4C8A-9942-219573A7FE6F@microsoft.com...
> I've tried that, but when I print my custom card view with the Phone List
> 'View Type' I still get fields I don't want.

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Why not just create a new card view with only the fields you want to
> > print?
>

>> It could also be a job for a mail merge to Word. Use the catalog style
> > and
> > try formatting it with "newspaper" columns that snake across the page.



>

>> "Clapper" <Clapper> wrote in message
> > news:96DF2D3C-684E-4D78-89FF-FCB1C1B1252D@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have a contact list that has a bunch of info in for each contact, but
> > > I'd
> > > like to print a list of just names and phone extensions. But since just
> > > a
> > > name and extension doesn't take up much space, I want to be able to
> > > have
> > > multiple columns. The only option I've found for multiple columns is
> > > the
> > > print style of 'Phone Directory', but that's only available with the
> > > one
> > > of
> > > the 'card' View Types. But the 'card' view types include several other
> > > fields
> > > besides just name and extension. So I want to create a view type
> > > similar
> > > to
> > > the 'card' type but with just name and extension fields.

>

>
>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Create a clickable custom column field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G How do I create a custom pick list in VB for an outlook automated email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Create Custom Form Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a custom field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a Custom Numbering Field for Outlook messages Using Outlook 0
I Create custom Outlook 2013 Rule in Office 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Create custom calendar entry form... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Create a custom "Send" Button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Can I create custom subgroups on the ribbon? Using Outlook 5
D Create additional custom flag descriptions (other than Send E-Mail, Call etc.) Using Outlook 1
J How to create a user defined dropdown list field for a custom contact form Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2010 - How to create custom Group By Arrangements for email Using Outlook 3
P Create appointment to custom (shared) outlook calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Q How do I create a custom action for a rule? (Save as "Nfy.MSG") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Commodore Any way to create "from-only" account on Outlook 2021? Using Outlook 1
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Create advanced search (email) via VBA with LONG QUERY (>1024 char) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Create ordinal numbers for birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
D Create new email from the received Email Body with attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A How to create fixed signatures for aliases that process through GMAIL? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
Chiba Create an appointment for all the members Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F How to create phone number as links in notes of Contacts Using Outlook 2
Nessa Can't create new appointment Using Outlook 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
G Can't create Folder Groups in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
F Delete/create/reset Exchange mailbox on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Can not create folder to store specific emails in in Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 1
W Create Search Folder excluding Specific Email Addresses Using Outlook 5
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
JackBlack What tools do you use to create the signature for email? Using Outlook 3
Rupert Dragwater How to create a new email with @outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 32
F Should a new email account also create new contacts Using Outlook 2

Similar threads

Top