Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365

bbrener

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
I have used Outlook 2007 for many years and I wish to migrate to Office 365. The advice is to delete all old versions before installing. However, I have many SMTP and Pop accounts configured as well as some add ons; contacts; calendar and customization's.
How can I preserve all those across the migration. I do not want to set it up from scratch.
Thank you
Brian

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you uninstall office, the profile won't be deleted. You can export the registry key just to be safe though. It's at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Do not use the "Easy Fix" to uninstall office - it will wipe office from the drive and delete the profiles. Just uninstall it from control Panel > Programs & features.

Also, move the pst files out of %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook and put them in Documents\Outlook Files. You'll need to repoint the account to the pst but they will be easier to backup.

bbrener

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Thank you. It actually went quite smoothly just uninstalling that way and reinstalling. The accounts were preserved and calendar; contacts etc. I am upset the MS doesn't let you install on the D drive to avoid using my small SSD. The PST gets converted to OST. Is there a good way to back it up?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
imap accounts don't need to be backed up and you can move them to the D drive - they tend to be bigger than the office install. I prefer symbolic links as you won't need to redo the profile

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
T Migrate POP3 Folders and Emails to outlook.com via Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
J migrate outlook mail folders from user's old workstation to their new pc Using Outlook 6
T Items in MSN Hotmail inbox will not migrate to Outlook inbox Using Outlook 2
R Migrate Mac Outlook 2011 to PC outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Too many email folders on MSN issue. Migrate to Outlook? Using Outlook 3
S Configure outlook client after migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
F A new Profile did not migrate the folders into Office Outlook 2010 from HotMail Using Outlook 4
M Method to migrate OE personal folders to Outlook PSTs? Using Outlook 2
M Need help to migrate Outlook to a new User Profile in XP Using Outlook 1
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
P Migrate Office 365 mailbox to a different on-premises domain Using Outlook 1
T OL BCM 2007 - Possible to migrate SQL Server Express 2012 ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A windows 2003 server with exchange2003 server migrate to windows 2008 std with exchange server 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Migrate from SBS 2008 to Windows Server 2008 R2 (Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 8
L Exchange 2003 on SBS to migrate Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
M Public Folders Not Replicating Between Exchange 2007 and 2010 (Migrate/Transitioning 2007 to 2010) Exchange Server Administration 6
P Trying to migrate email from PST to Hotmail; large emails break the connector with 'Network operation failed' Using Outlook 3
E Migrate exchange 2007 to a new server with exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
R Migrate Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 Cross-Forest Exchange Server Administration 4
J Migrate Exchange 2010 to another server Exchange Server Administration 3
M migrate from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
A CAS Proxying with Active Sync when migrate from Exchange 2007 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
P migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
R migrate resources Exchange Server Administration 1
B Migrate from 2000 to 2010 without upgrade? Exchange Server Administration 1
V Mailbox Size after Migrate 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 10
N Can I migrate Exchange 2007 's mailboxes in A domain to the trusted B domain ? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 migrate Exchange Server Administration 7
S Migrate from Exchange 2007 to 2010 and use existing SAN certificate Exchange Server Administration 11
S Migrate Public Folder (Exchange 2007 --> Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 8
X How to migrate from two Exchange 2003 servers to one Exchange 2010 serving two currently independent AD domains Exchange Server Administration 2
M Migrate from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
F Exchange 2010 -Powershell to migrate 2003 users to 2010? Exchange Server Administration 2
A Migrate Public Folders from EX2003 to EX2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 7
D Migrate from Zimbra to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
P Migrate profile - cached mode setting Using Outlook 2
S Migrate users and mailboxes from 2003 sbs to 2008 R2 Enterprise? Exchange Server Administration 3
M Migrate Exchange 2000 Data To Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
T Is it possible to migrate from exchange 2003 directly to 2010? Exchange Server Administration 13
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 0
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0