migrate outlook mail folders from user's old workstation to their new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am trying to retrieve 2 subfolders that are in user's clients mailbox folder in outlook. User recently moved from one computer to a newer one. Previous pc was a windows XP 32 bit using outlook 2007. Her new PC is a Windows 7/32-bit with Outlook 2010. When I last worked with her on this, I was able to retrieve all her clients inbox from the old computer to the new one. Everything went though except 2 folders named Exagen Diagnostics and Digital Vault. I looked over at her user rights on old computer and changed permissions to none just like the rest of the folders that she can see. I could still not migrate the 2 folders to her new outlook. her mailbox folder called clients is a share folders that other users can access in the network through their outlook. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Forum Admin

Are these folders in an outlook mailbox or are they in their own pst file?

What happens when you try to migrate the folders?

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
sorry the late update. There is no migration. the user is just trying to retrieve all of her mail data that can be seen from her old computer, but not all folders are seen when she logs in to her new computer. the client uses an exchange server. the two folders that she cannot seen in her inbox is shared by everyone else, which they can see. However when she goes and signs in to new computer, she cannot see these folders

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It sounds like the folders are in a different mailbox and it wasn't added to her profile. Can you access her old computer and check her old profile - see if she has a secondary mailbox in it.

You can try logging in to her mailbox using OWA - if you can't see the folders, they are not in her mailbox.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I don't go back to work until Monday after thanksgiving weekend. I will look into it on Monday. Thanks for your help guys and have a happy thanksgiving.

Jose ATS Tech

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Ok, so I came in today and found that If I turn off Cache-mode on the new PC using outlook 2010, then refresh outlook, the 2 folders showed up on the new computer. Not sure why it didn't just show up with the rest of the shared folders, but this fix did the trick.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sometimes the ost / sync process gets stuck and it needs kick started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
T Migrate POP3 Folders and Emails to outlook.com via Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
P Migrate Office 365 mailbox to a different on-premises domain Using Outlook 1
T OL BCM 2007 - Possible to migrate SQL Server Express 2012 ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Migrate profile - cached mode setting Using Outlook 2
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 20
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
M Understanding Outlook Identities Using Outlook 1
kburrows Outlook or Phone Combining Contacts? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search no longer works Using Outlook 3
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 0
R MailTips and older Outlook versions Using Outlook 0
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 4
C How to import Outlook calendar? Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook.com Account Using Outlook 3
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 6
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 2
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
@ Outlook Using Outlook 2
kburrows Outlook 365 - Ribbon Customizations Disappear Using Outlook 0
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
S Activities in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S ios outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1