Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMopp

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
My 'Microsoft 365 for Business' account contains two domains. A user has a primary email address and an alias to reflect the second domain. In the desktop Outlook app mail is received from both domains into the primary domains inbox (but can be identified by the 'To' address) However it appears there is no way to send mail from the alias address as it does not appear in the 'From' address options. It can of course be typed in manually using the 'other address' option but the recipient still sees it as 'From' the primary address not the alias. Can anyone give me a clue as to how I would send from the alias in Outlook desktop, or confirm this is just not possible?

Sanjeev, thank you for your interest, but you have misunderstood the question. Creating an alias is not the problem. The alias has already been created within my Microsoft 365 for Business tenant, however that alias does not appear as an option when clicking the 'from' button in the Outlook desktop app. Emails sent 'to' the alias arrive as expected in the primary account inbox. There are many posts online about this but most seem to conclude that it is not possible, other than with a workaround involving adding the alias as a POP account which would seem to be a backward step. Only posting here in case one of the Outlook 'gurus' here has found a solution!

When you use exchange all email is sent from the default smtp address. You need to use a utility to send as the proxy address or have the address moved to a dl and give you send as permission.

Proxy Manager is by an Outlook Developer MVP

Thanks or that Diane, understood and will try out both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Prompt to prefix subject line whenever sending an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Check for words in subject header before sending email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C address book "when sending email" bug? Using Outlook 0
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Warn before sending messages to the wrong email address Using Outlook 1
Dilshad VBA editor opens when sending an email Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Sending Email from a Secondary Exchange Mailbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sending Email from a Secondary Exchange Mailbox Using Outlook 0
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment Using Outlook 1
J Is there a way to disallow sending from certain addresses to specific email addresses? Using Outlook 2
M Sending Excel Charts in the Body of an Email Using Outlook 1
A Application_ItemSend not accessed when sending email outside outlook (i.e. word or send to mail from Using Outlook 7
P Desktop Outlook not sending from alternative email Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
R Outlook not responding when sending email Using Outlook 1
T Sending One Email to Trigger Another Being Sent Using an Email within the 1st? Using Outlook 0
I How to prevent exchange email account from sending emails in Outlook Using Outlook 4
X Outlook 2003 not sending all of the new email message Using Outlook 1
O Choosing Sending Email Address from Word Using Outlook 5
P VBA for Dialog Box when sending Email Using Outlook 8
C email sending window won't go away even after email has sent Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
S Changing "from" address when sending email Using Outlook 4
N Prompt for password when sending an email Exchange Server Administration 1
K How to split large email when sending Using Outlook 1
L Sending from a distribution list email Using Outlook 6
P Delayed mass email sending Using Outlook 2
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
A Send Email to Task while sending to Email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Sending Email from Access 2007 through Outlook 2007 using template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Sending a copy of an incoming email to a network folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Got error message when sending email:Could not complete the operat Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1