Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable

HarvMan

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hi,

I have used my Hotmail account for years. My Outlook 365 (2016) is all of a sudden unable to deliver messages.
The undeliverable message is sent back showing:
This message could not be sent. You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user.
Error is [0x80070005-0x000004dc-0x00000524].
The so-called sent message shows me as the sender, but has appended "on behalf of <my name>".
I believe the "on behalf" is causing this problem.
I have recreated the Outlook profile and have been online with Microsoft Support but no luck.

Can anyone please guide me on how to resolve. Thanks!

Attachments

Lewis-H

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If bounced emails are in the “Undeliverable” category, that means that the receiving email server is temporarily unavailable, was overloaded, or couldn't be found.

--
Lewis

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The so-called sent message shows me as the sender, but has appended "on behalf of <my name>".
This error means you don't have permission to send as that address - this is not uncommon on an Exchange server but should not come up with Outlook.com accounts.

What is the address for the sender and the on behalf of? (alias@ and me@ are fine for the first part. use the domain name if its a free service or isp - use domain.com if its a private domain.)

HarvMan

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
This error means you don't have permission to send as that address - this is not uncommon on an Exchange server but should not come up with Outlook.com accounts.

What is the address for the sender and the on behalf of? (alias@ and me@ are fine for the first part. use the domain name if its a free service or isp - use domain.com if its a private domain.)
Thanks Diane,

The address of sender (and on behalf of) is my Hotmail account: myname@hotmail.com

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You don't have an alias on the account - like me@gmail? That will send as 'on behalf of'.

What is your outlook version/ build?

Try removing the account from outlook and adding it back.