Status
Not open for further replies.

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi All,

I have synced my Hotmail.co.uk account with my outlook and the emails seem to be working ok albeit a little slow.

However, the calendar hasn't synced at all and I dont know why.

I was having problems with finding the Hotmail connector for outlook 2010, but managed to find the imap settings. But now I am at a loss as what to do next.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

I was having problems with finding the Hotmail connector for outlook 2010, but managed to find the imap settings. But now I am at a loss as what to do next.
The connector is no more. IMAP only syncs mail, not calendar and contacts. You need to add the account as an Exchange account - auto account setup should point to the correct server, but if not, try manual setup and use outlook.office365.com as the server name.

Make sure all updates are installed. You must have at least 14.0.6129.5000 installed and it's highly recommended you have all updates installed.

hi I get a pop up message in email settings from the control panel, when I try to switch to exchange that says

Microsoft exchange is missing required
information

That should be this issue:
You need to set excludelastknowngood reg key and create new profile, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073002 has info on setting the key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Autodiscover
DWORD: ExcludeLastKnownGoodUrl
Value: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Syncing Hotmail Calendar to Outlook 2003 (SP3) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A hotmail calendar sync Using Outlook 1
P [SOLVED] Outlook-Hotmail Birthday Calendar changed by one day Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
J How do I import MSN Hotmail Calendar into Microsoft Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S my hotmail calendar is not the same Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Connect Outlook Calendar with Hotmail Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
Abraham a@hotmail.com; on behalf of; EASI:@yahoo.com Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2013 Possible interference by Telstra ISP with Hotmail Password Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
V Hotmail account on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Check Contacts before moving them to Hotmail Contacts folder Using Outlook 0
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Can't login to Hotmail account to use Outlook Using Outlook 2
K Outlook(hotmail)Yahoo problem Using Outlook 6
B Outlook.com (formerly hotmail.com) and sending meeting invitations Using Outlook 1
R Cannot Synchronize Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P How to fetch ALL (not only Inbox) emails from Hotmail/live server (by POP3)? Using Outlook 1
C forwarding from 365 to hotmail account? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook - Hotmail/Outlook.com issue Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
V Outlook 2013 and Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Missing Folders From Hotmail Account which are in my PC Outlook 2013 PST file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B unable to send to a hotmail.com account Using Outlook 4
V Sharing Hotmail contacts / groups not working as expected Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Having Recent Issues with Hotmail Connector? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 17
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
A Disable hotmail from Outlook email account Using Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Outlook doesn't download all hotmail emails on Vista Using Outlook 2
R How to recover old hotmail messages from an .ost file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
D can't connect to my hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
N cannot send emails-SMTP Ports not working for Hotmail Pop3 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2003 can't sign in to my Hotmail account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Uploading mail to hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
L remove a hotmail account from Outlook 2007 running on Vista home premium Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Hotmail Connector messed up my Wifi Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Why Cant i send lots of emails from my hotmail in bulk? Using Outlook 1
J I have a sending problem wit hotmail Using Outlook 4
D outlook to save copy of hotmail? Using Outlook 3
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
C outlook hotmail connector update killed my outlook - please help!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A After downloading, I am unable to add an account using hotmail connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2