forwarding from 365 to hotmail account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csludacris

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
My school current has our e-mail setup through 365. I want to convert from gmail to my new Hotmail account. I can't fully do this because when I try to add a send and receive account for my school e-mail it gives me a vague error that either my password was incorrect (nope) or that my settings weren't done correctly. Has anyone had an issue with this before?

for the record i've been able to do this with gmail and the error i get is "Sorry, we couldn't find the right settings for your account. Please review the information below and try again."

Is the account Hotmail or hosted Exchange? I know the edu accounts used to be Hotmail (now outlook.com) but someone told me that they moved them into Exchange.

How are you setting the account up? If it is Hotmail, you need to do it manually and use m.hotmail.com as the server name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
A Automatic forwarding to different people on a rotational basis Using Outlook 2
R Auto Forwarding with different "From" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Forwarding attachments in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Forwarding email and replacing body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA to edit body of incoming email and forwarding it Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
W Forwarding E-Mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
G VBA/Macro to remove page colour when replying or forwarding email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D VBA Code to strip Subject Line when replying or forwarding Using Outlook 3
N Auto-forwarding an Email received from a specific Email address After slight modifications Using Outlook 4
R Forwarding and keeping Original intact Using Outlook 3
J Creating a URL from a message body excerpt before forwarding Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rule - Create Link in Forwarding Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Contact's Notes field not transferring when forwarding vCard Using Outlook 6
J Meeting Invites Go Blank When Forwarding or Accepting Using Outlook 2
D Forwarding Exchange Email without meeting updates Using Outlook 1
A Emails automatically forwarding but no rule to turn off Using Outlook 2
T Adding text to forwarding rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Adding tex to forwarding rules in Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
L Forwarding an expiring message Using Outlook 0
T To: and Cc: not displaying when forwarding/replying to .eml files Using Outlook 4
V Reply Arrow Icon appears when both Replying or Forwarding Using Outlook 3
F VB Script, remove text from subject line when forwarding Using Outlook 22
C Forwarding Outlook 2003 calendar items Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 randomly not auto forwarding Using Outlook 0
M Forwarding vCard prompts Send As (From field) on Contacts that were moved Using Outlook 6
B OL2010 - signatures while forwarding tasks or appointments Using Outlook 2
D Private messages not forwarding by rule? Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
T [outlook-users] e masil forwarding Using Outlook 2
A Font size increases when forwarding emails Using Outlook 1
A Forwarding recurring appointment/meeting Using Outlook 2
P Forwarding Email With Encrypted Attachment Exchange Server Administration 1
A How do I move a message to a folder after forwarding ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Remove old recipients before forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A How to change message format while forwarding a mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Re: Email Forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
P Moving from 2010 to 365 Using Outlook 3