Reply Arrow Icon appears when both Replying or Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicosab

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
A very strange thing is happening to my IMAP account in Outlook 2007:

The icon that shows you whether you replied or forwarded to a message behavior has changed... I only get reply arrows now regardless of whether I forward or reply to an email! In addition, the message behavior has changed as well. It used to tell me when I forwarded or replied to an email by saying "You replied on xx/xx/xxxx", now it tells me "this message has been replied to or forwarded"??? Every so often i'll actually see that blue "forwarded" arrow and cant figure out why that one email is showing correctly while all others don't. I really need to resolve this issue, any help would be appreciated... I've searched everywhere but cant seem to find this exact problem. Plenty of posts about these icons missing but not changing like this.

I am having the same issue. This is with Office 2010 and an IMAP account. I get a purple arrow "reply" icon for messages that have been either forwarded or replied to, and I get the same vague "this message has been replied to or forwarded" header on those messages.

I can repro the 'this has been forwarded' message right off - icons are working though. It's not unusual for imap accounts to "lose" settings when the account syncs, especially if you are using two different computers or devices with the account.

Even having the arrows behave correctly would be sufficient for me.

I am a longtime Thunderbird user, and never had this issue, even with this same IMAP-based e-mail account. I tried disabling the avast! e-mail add-in, thinking it was perhaps scrubbing the message headers and losing the relevant info, but that made no difference. Does anyone have suggestions for what else I can try?

I can repro the 'this has been forwarded' message right off - icons are working though. It's not unusual for imap accounts to "lose" settings when the account syncs, especially if you are using two different computers or devices with the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
P Automatic Greeting "Hello Name," when Reply All is clicked Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Reply to email Using Outlook 4
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C UDFs Reply vs Forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Delete headers in Inline reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E reply Using Outlook 0
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
evdbogaard Reply with only last message cited Using Outlook 1
B Reply and replyall macro is not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Rupert Dragwater Deleted email address keeps showing up in reply Using Outlook 12
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How Do I insert images in and Auto Reply Using Outlook 3
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Reply Inline With a Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
broadbander Needing help with reply/reply all while keeping attachments and adding a new CC recipient. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
J VBA Run When Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Font in Reply is much larger than normal, how to reset ...? Using Outlook 4
K add pdf to every reply or forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Extract email address from body and auto-reply outlook Using Outlook 1
T In-line reply style in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
Vijay Reply all by attachment name Using Outlook 10
N Lookup Value From Excel and Reply With Matching Value Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2016: reply icon not showing when replied from mobile Using Outlook 3
J Remove extra line above signature in reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
ashcosta2 Auto Reply rule based on speficied time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook Attachment List in Reply Header Using Outlook 3
D Reply Problem with Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
H send reminder if no reply received on first or original email using macro Using Outlook 2