On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Office

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
My purpose to reply the email and then move it to another folder with the updated subject link.I edit the reply subject line with rule and also i need to keep the same subject line as replied and then moved to another folder.

Scenario: My colleague moved a mail to my folder(B) from group mail folder(A) and then i have to change subject for replying by joining "updated" to subject line i done it using rule,i want help in keeping same subject line as in replied mail move it to group mail folder(A) with a single click.

Reference:On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to email and move to folder - Microsoft Tech Community

Reference:"https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45939315/outlook-2013i-want-to-change-the-subject-of-the-already..."

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So you need to reply to a message and change the subject, then move the original message? Do you need to also change the original message subject?

It's fairly easy to do and i have macro samples at slipstick.com that do each - individually. They just need ot be put together.

Code:
Public Sub ChangeAndFile()
    Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
    Dim oItem As MailItem
    Set objOL = Outlook.Application
    Set oItem = objOL.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
    Set oResponse = oItem.Reply

oResponse.subject = "Keyword "  & oitem.subject
oResponse. display

' if you also need to change the original subject
oItem.Subject = "Keyword "  & oitem.subject
oItem.Save

' moving to folder under default inbox
oItem.Move (Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Folders("Move")

Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

if you need to use a different folder, see Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders

Office

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Thanks for your answer Diane Poremsky.It's helpful for me.I want further to run the script for selected mails alone with a click of button like that.

Office

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
I have to add the same updation to the subject line of all the emails but i have to sent emails to different email id's that keep vary.I already created rule to update the subject line and send using automatic reply (Quick Steps) in further i need to keep the same subject line as I used in reply message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D 1-click change between "attach" and "in-line" for reply and forward? Using Outlook 1
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Using Scanpst in Outlook Click to Run New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Open a folder / subfolder of a PST in single click Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Reminder for single-click appointment Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Contacts are missing when you click the To button New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Office 365 Click to run BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
williamlambton Reinstate "Open" button on mail item right-click context menu. Outlook Wishlist 2
B Auto name checking upon Tab or Click off To field(s) Using Outlook 19
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 0
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
I BCM Opportunity: click on "new op" opens a "new tasks" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
T Is the standalone Outlook 2013 click-to-run or msi? Using Outlook 1
A Uninstall Click and Run Exchange Server Administration 2
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
A email folders appear empty, at first click Using Outlook 2
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
P "open" command in right click context menu Outlook Wishlist 4
L Outlook 2010 Instant Search Pops When I Click Using Outlook 6
M When I click “new message” in outlook, my cursor defaults to the body of the m Using Outlook 6
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Click "A" to see all email from people with names starting with A... etc Using Outlook 3
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
M right click contact to create an appointment Using Outlook 4
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
1 I want to get rid of Outlook 2007. When I am in Craigslist & click the email link to contact the per Using Outlook 8
J When click contact / email address on existing email in any folder, outlook get restarted, also try to find the solution but did not find any thing an Using Outlook 2
C Right click to delete will crash Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Right Click > Send to Mail Recipient, has no effect__Other programs cannot access the email client Using Outlook 3
L When I click on links within Outlook they always go to my website's homepage instead of going to the correct url. Using Outlook 2
S Cannot send document as email by right click and send as email Using Outlook 1
C When I click send/receive it says 'The Operation failed' Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 (Click to Run) and Gmail Using Outlook 2
D office click-to-run 2010 beta Using Outlook 2
M I am running outlook 2007 on a hosted exchange server. When I try to send an email and click the To: box there are two contact options - how do I get Using Outlook 1
N If I click on a link which has come in a e-mail I get a box that tells me it is canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. how do I reve Using Outlook 2
B Trying to restore data in Outlook and I get an error message to update the profile but when I click OK it takes me right out Using Outlook 7
T Error when click on links in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P No contacts when click To: button Using Outlook 2
L need to install Office 2010 without click-to-run or uninstall after fully installed. Using Outlook 1
J IMAP email headers reload every time I click on a folder (slow!) - no cache?? Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 Closes the Window When I Click "Next Item" (Down Arrow) Using Outlook 2
E When I try to click on links in emails I recieve the following message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on yoru computer. C Using Outlook 1