On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Office

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
My purpose to reply the email and then move it to another folder with the updated subject link.I edit the reply subject line with rule and also i need to keep the same subject line as replied and then moved to another folder.

Scenario: My colleague moved a mail to my folder(B) from group mail folder(A) and then i have to change subject for replying by joining "updated" to subject line i done it using rule,i want help in keeping same subject line as in replied mail move it to group mail folder(A) with a single click.

Reference:On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to email and move to folder - Microsoft Tech Community

Reference:"https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45939315/outlook-2013i-want-to-change-the-subject-of-the-already..."

So you need to reply to a message and change the subject, then move the original message? Do you need to also change the original message subject?

It's fairly easy to do and i have macro samples at slipstick.com that do each - individually. They just need ot be put together.

Code:
Public Sub ChangeAndFile()
    Dim objOL As Outlook.Application
    Dim oItem As MailItem
    Set objOL = Outlook.Application
    Set oItem = objOL.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
    Set oResponse = oItem.Reply

oResponse.subject = "Keyword "  & oitem.subject
oResponse. display

' if you also need to change the original subject
oItem.Subject = "Keyword "  & oitem.subject
oItem.Save

' moving to folder under default inbox
oItem.Move (Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Folders("Move")

Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

if you need to use a different folder, see Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders

Thanks for your answer Diane Poremsky.It's helpful for me.I want further to run the script for selected mails alone with a click of button like that.

I have to add the same updation to the subject line of all the emails but i have to sent emails to different email id's that keep vary.I already created rule to update the subject line and send using automatic reply (Quick Steps) in further i need to keep the same subject line as I used in reply message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
S mouse right click options Using Outlook 2
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Using Scanpst in Outlook Click to Run Using Outlook 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Open a folder / subfolder of a PST in single click Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Reminder for single-click appointment Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Contacts are missing when you click the To button Using Outlook 0
M Office 365 Click to run BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Auto name checking upon Tab or Click off To field(s) Using Outlook 19
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 0
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
I BCM Opportunity: click on "new op" opens a "new tasks" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
T Is the standalone Outlook 2013 click-to-run or msi? Using Outlook 1
A Uninstall Click and Run Exchange Server Administration 2
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
A email folders appear empty, at first click Using Outlook 2
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
L Outlook 2010 Instant Search Pops When I Click Using Outlook 6
M When I click “new message” in outlook, my cursor defaults to the body of the m Using Outlook 6
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Click "A" to see all email from people with names starting with A... etc Using Outlook 3
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
M right click contact to create an appointment Using Outlook 4
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
F When I click on link in email nothing occurs Using Outlook 7
M Programatically click the Send button. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K call a help file when click on a button xml ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M auto click hyperlink?! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto click a hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Program "Click on Ribbon Button" Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Macro to open email (like double click) in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M How to provide custom functionality on click of "New"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to resize the instant search pane on click on the icon to expand/ Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Right click menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Right-click an address -> add to BCM? [OL2007] BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R One Click business contact record creation - From an E Mail? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Contact Manger locks up Outlook when I click on folder? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook2007 and VSTO, handle the Click on the Save Button in the IPM.Note dialog HOWTO? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V List Click Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Adding multiple menu Items. Problems handling the click events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R SEND does not work first click Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7