Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Lavoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I went in design mode to an existing custom Task form I had created and my organization has been using successfully from a shared Task folder for about a year now. I need to add a new text box and label to the form. After I created each, I clicked them to adjust their position on the screen by dragging them. I am able to click, for example, the new text box (cursor changes to the cross/+ indicating you have selected something and dotted lines appear around the field I've begun to drag). I am able to move that around the screen but when I release the left mouse button, it won't drop. It remains as if I still have the left button pressed.

Then, when I drag somewhere outside the custom form, Outlook crashes and attempts to close the form. I get the message "You placed a large amount of data on the Clipboard. Do you want these data to be available to Microsoft Office Outlook or other programs after you close this window?" Yet I'm never able to click either Yes or No because I cannot activate that message box. I just get the hourglass. I have to use Task Manager to kill Outlook. One time when I did that, I did get to an Outlook dialog box that said "Unspecified Error", yet I couldn't activate and click out of that one either.

I've tried different mice, rebooted, cleared cache, use Esc with mouse clicks, but none of those things work.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

James Lavoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
OK. Good to know. Thank you for looking into it for me Diane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
O On click,I want to change subject line of selected mail and then reply to particular email and move Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Using Scanpst in Outlook Click to Run New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Open a folder / subfolder of a PST in single click Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Reminder for single-click appointment Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Contacts are missing when you click the To button New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Office 365 Click to run BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
williamlambton Reinstate "Open" button on mail item right-click context menu. Outlook Wishlist 2
B Auto name checking upon Tab or Click off To field(s) Using Outlook 19
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 0
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
I BCM Opportunity: click on "new op" opens a "new tasks" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
T Is the standalone Outlook 2013 click-to-run or msi? Using Outlook 1
A Uninstall Click and Run Exchange Server Administration 2
A email folders appear empty, at first click Using Outlook 2
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
P "open" command in right click context menu Outlook Wishlist 4
L Outlook 2010 Instant Search Pops When I Click Using Outlook 6
M When I click “new message” in outlook, my cursor defaults to the body of the m Using Outlook 6
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Click "A" to see all email from people with names starting with A... etc Using Outlook 3
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
M right click contact to create an appointment Using Outlook 4
1 I want to get rid of Outlook 2007. When I am in Craigslist & click the email link to contact the per Using Outlook 8
J When click contact / email address on existing email in any folder, outlook get restarted, also try to find the solution but did not find any thing an Using Outlook 2
C Right click to delete will crash Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Right Click > Send to Mail Recipient, has no effect__Other programs cannot access the email client Using Outlook 3
L When I click on links within Outlook they always go to my website's homepage instead of going to the correct url. Using Outlook 2
S Cannot send document as email by right click and send as email Using Outlook 1
C When I click send/receive it says 'The Operation failed' Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 (Click to Run) and Gmail Using Outlook 2
D office click-to-run 2010 beta Using Outlook 2
M I am running outlook 2007 on a hosted exchange server. When I try to send an email and click the To: box there are two contact options - how do I get Using Outlook 1
N If I click on a link which has come in a e-mail I get a box that tells me it is canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. how do I reve Using Outlook 2
B Trying to restore data in Outlook and I get an error message to update the profile but when I click OK it takes me right out Using Outlook 7
T Error when click on links in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P No contacts when click To: button Using Outlook 2
L need to install Office 2010 without click-to-run or uninstall after fully installed. Using Outlook 1
J IMAP email headers reload every time I click on a folder (slow!) - no cache?? Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 Closes the Window When I Click "Next Item" (Down Arrow) Using Outlook 2
E When I try to click on links in emails I recieve the following message 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on yoru computer. C Using Outlook 1
D When I send a new email or reply to an email, after I click on the send button, Outlook shuts down. Using Outlook 1
M When I click a link in an email I get a error message Using Outlook 2