Right click-drag no longer creates hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

boppy2010

For many years I have been able to create hyperlinks by right clicking and dragging a file into my Outlook 2010 message text. Over the last couple of weeks this functionality has ceased. Any ideas how I can get this back?

Windows 8.1 and Office 2010.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Any office or windows security updates installed recently? That would be the most logical cause.

My one test system is win8.1 64bit and Office 2010 SP1 32 bit and nothing happens when i right-click and drag. It works on the Winxp test system. It doesn't work on my Win8.1 /Office 2013 system either.

boppy2010

So it sounds like Win 8.1 has removed the functionality since you don't have it either. Shame, as it was a frequently used function for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
williamlambton Reinstate "Open" button on mail item right-click context menu. Outlook Wishlist 2
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
P "open" command in right click context menu Outlook Wishlist 4
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
M right click contact to create an appointment Using Outlook 4
C Right click to delete will crash Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Right Click > Send to Mail Recipient, has no effect__Other programs cannot access the email client Using Outlook 3
S Cannot send document as email by right click and send as email Using Outlook 1
B Trying to restore data in Outlook and I get an error message to update the profile but when I click OK it takes me right out Using Outlook 7
G Right-Click Delete Occurrence Deletes Entire Series Using Outlook 1
S Can't copy the items. You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the f Using Outlook 1
C Cannot delete this folder. right-click the folder and click properties to check your permissions to Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 Crashes when right click from email Using Outlook 1
F Right mouse click drop down menu to add sender to blocked list does not work. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2000 wizard tries to start when I right-click to email an item from a folder--have Outlook 2007 upgrade installed Using Outlook 1
W Right click context menus like preview, open, save as, print etc are not working with windows 7 + Ou Using Outlook 1
W Windows 7 + Outlook 2007 - right click context menu not working Using Outlook 1
W Outlook folder rename (right click 'rename' option) issue Using Outlook 9
K Right-Click to Mark ALL as Read on (Exchange) Public Folder Using Outlook 1
R Cannot right-click on calendar to create new appointment Using Outlook 4
M Right Click on Spell Checking brings up signature menu Using Outlook 1
T Unable to Right-Click Calendar Entries Using Outlook 5
K right click jpg and printing in outlook 2003__ Using Outlook 1
L Adding a contact with right click Using Outlook 14
R Any reason why blocking whole domains is not on the rule list? Also RIGHT CLICK nonfunctional in many places. Using Outlook 5
S Right Click MENU NOT WORKING Using Outlook 4
F Office 2007 SendMail within Word, Excel, Right click a File does not work if Outlook not open. Using Outlook 9
R Outlook: Right-click context menu for all Contacts is missing the option to 'send a new message to contact' Using Outlook 9
G right click send to mail recipient doesnt work! Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2010 open links on left click and right click in messages not working Using Outlook 12
Z Right click menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Right-click an address -> add to BCM? [OL2007] BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Can't create file : Document.pdf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then cl Using Outlook 30
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
C how to remove icons on right hand side outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
T Forwarded long email moves text to the right Using Outlook 1
E Inbox view changed can't get it right Using Outlook 0
A viewing tasks - lower right - in email window Using Outlook 1
I Notification/Popup Box not showing on right side Using Outlook 1
B want to change the calendar format so that it goes from left to right Sunday - Saturday instead of monday - sunday Using Outlook 2
B Having issues with the 'look' of Office 2010. Does not look right? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 difficulty choosing the right contacts in the address book Using Outlook 2
R Reading Pane text appearing all the way to the right... Using Outlook 1
Q Don't have right permissions to assign "send as" rights in Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 7
B When I try to compose a new message, the window that popped out is hidden on the right side of the screen, only maximize will centralize it, is there Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2010- when I hover over a contact the right name appears for a second and then gets replaced Using Outlook 2
B Is it the right place for BCM2010? repaired but not working... Using Outlook 4
J When I compose an email in Plain Text, the default alignment is set to the right. How do I change it Using Outlook 1