Filter Views by Category

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1Speeder

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
Exchange Server
Can anyone help me filter views by category in Outlook Contact? No matter what I do I cannot get the view to show the specific category I have checked in the reading pane, but rather all my contacts continue to appear. I'm ready to throw this computer in front of an 18-wheeler and go back to using pencil and paper.:(

Oh... you are on mac. It's easy to do this in windows. :) Its actually somewhat easier in Outlook 2011 - click in the box next to the account name (1 in the screenshot) to remove all checks from all contacts folder - when you do this, you won't see any contacts. Then check just the category you want to use (2 in the screenshot).

filter-by-category.png

My screenshot doesn't show it, but I have several other contact sources listed along with the folder called Contacts.

I swear that's that way it used to work for me, but when I uncheck everything and it all disappears I cannot get anything to populate by just checking the category I want. It will only re-populate when I check the box above that category that says "my contacts" or "on my computer" It used to work exactly the way you described it but it will not do it any longer.

Oh... you are on mac. It's easy to do this in windows. :) Its actually somewhat easier in Outlook 2011 - click in the box next to the account name (1 in the screenshot) to remove all checks from all contacts folder - when you do this, you won't see any contacts. Then check just the category you want to use (2 in the screenshot).

View attachment 900

My screenshot doesn't show it, but I have several other contact sources listed along with the folder called Contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 2007 SQL syntax to filter views of tasks and todo items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Filter/Search emails sent to internal Exchange address only Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
G How to filter by the format of an email address Using Outlook 6
S Mail filter recieved before the last 2 working days Using Outlook 1
Liza Creating a rule in outlook to filter messages Using Outlook 0
F Adding textbox filter to listbox? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear HomeTab Email filter "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 3
W Filter condition "contains"/"doesn't contain" doesn't always work Using Outlook 10
B Conditional Formatting:How to use >1 value in a filter Using Outlook 7
J Outlook VBA for Email Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
M Filter today's mail Using Outlook 2
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
J Task Filter for Status OR One Month Using Outlook 4
D Junk Mail filter Using Outlook 1
S Filter by accounts but communicate to all linked contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D What is this SQL filter that is applied to my Inbox? Using Outlook 6
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1
H Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, pop3 Using Outlook 5
D How Would I Write This Filter? Using Outlook 3
N Filter end date works differently in OL'07/OL'10 vs OL'03? Hello?! Using Outlook 12
williamlambton Filter which removes Display Names from incoming emails. Using Outlook 2
J How to filter by address fragment (e.g. "@domain.com") with advanced find? Using Outlook 2
L Need a good email filter Using Outlook 2
P BCM Review & Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M DASL Filter function? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M DASL Filter function? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Today(S) function in DASL Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Today(S) function in DASL Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Create search folder filter that converts UTC time to local? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
E DASL Filter doesn't work when defined programatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Can I filter by fields 'containing' specific words? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Custom rule to filter on sender name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5