Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazter

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I would like to start with saying "THANK YOU". This website is phenomenal. I benefitted immensely and I appreciate all the efforst that have been put into it.

I'm trying to write a VBA script that separates conversations from non-conversational emails. I receive lot of newsletters and team emails. I'm trying to filter conversations that have the most email exchange. I tried MFCMAPI tool to identify what headers I could use to identify what is a conversation but I could not find any header that would allow me to distinguish it. I would appreciate any help to lead me into right direction.

i don't think you are going to be able to do this - all emails have a thread-index. which is longer in threads then in single messages but you really can't filter on that. Or use the In-Reply-To: line in the header. Or References: field.

Thanks Diane. I found couple of other people asking related questions but not exactly the way I am approaching to the issues. I don't have license for Outlook Spy so I cannot reveal the fields in MAPI but I feel like if I could find a common denominator to identify what a conversation is that would allow me to negate that and find single emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have license for Outlook Spy so I cannot reveal the fields in MAPI
Try MFCMAPI - its free. OL Spy has a few more features, but MFCMAPI lets you do a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
O Filter-Query Builder-Description - what field name to use? Using Outlook 4
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
Y Filter unread emails in a search folder vba help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Filter/Search emails sent to internal Exchange address only Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
G How to filter by the format of an email address Using Outlook 6
S Mail filter recieved before the last 2 working days Using Outlook 1
Liza Creating a rule in outlook to filter messages Using Outlook 0
F Adding textbox filter to listbox? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Filter and Save Contacts to a CSV File Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear HomeTab Email filter "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 3
W Filter condition "contains"/"doesn't contain" doesn't always work Using Outlook 10
B Conditional Formatting:How to use >1 value in a filter Using Outlook 7
J Outlook VBA for Email Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
M Filter today's mail Using Outlook 2
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
J Task Filter for Status OR One Month Using Outlook 4
R Filter Views by Category Using Outlook 2
D Junk Mail filter Using Outlook 1
S Filter by accounts but communicate to all linked contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D What is this SQL filter that is applied to my Inbox? Using Outlook 6
J Outlook Contacts: How to filter contact phone numbers from a cti request Using Outlook 1
H Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, pop3 Using Outlook 5
D How Would I Write This Filter? Using Outlook 3
N Filter end date works differently in OL'07/OL'10 vs OL'03? Hello?! Using Outlook 12
williamlambton Filter which removes Display Names from incoming emails. Using Outlook 2
J How to filter by address fragment (e.g. "@domain.com") with advanced find? Using Outlook 2
L Need a good email filter Using Outlook 2
P BCM Review & Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M DASL Filter function? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M DASL Filter function? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Today(S) function in DASL Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Today(S) function in DASL Filter Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Create search folder filter that converts UTC time to local? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
E DASL Filter doesn't work when defined programatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Outlook 2007 SQL syntax to filter views of tasks and todo items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Can I filter by fields 'containing' specific words? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Custom rule to filter on sender name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5