trying to disable junk email filter. completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hey all. Running Outlook 2013/Office 365 on Windows 7. I want the junk email filter turned off completely. No messages whatsoever going to that folder. No Automatic Filtering is checked. What am I doing wrong?

J

You can disable it completely using a registry setting. Details here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/how-to-disable-outlooks-junk-email-filter/
However, if you are using Exchange, the server might be the culprit - it filters junk mail and drops messages with a high SCL (spam confidence level) into the junk folder. This filtering is controlled by the exchange admin.

If the server is doing it, disabling the junk filter in outlook won't have an effect.

yep, installed the regfile, the Junk tab's greyed out, and I'm still getting email in that folder. Thought of creating a rule that would send all mail received in the junk folder to my inbox but that doesn't seem to be possible, is it?

No a rule won't work - VBA macro should be able ot watch for changes and move messages as they arrive. I'd ask what the info bar says moved it, but it will only say outlook didn't do it - actually, if the exchange server did it, it should say nothing and if an addin (security software often installs junk mail folter addins) it will say outlook didn't do it. Screenshots are here:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/rules/moved-message-junk-email-folder/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Word experienced and error trying to open the file Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Trying to create a UPS from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Error: 3033 when trying to OpenDatabase using DAO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Recovered PST file "Cannot move item" error when trying to move e- Using Outlook 6
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J disable Alt+S shortcut Using Outlook 21
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 4
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
L Is there a way to completely disable the "archive" box? Using Outlook 1