Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook"

Status
Not open for further replies.

trillyuk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When Outlook starts often we see a notification warning advising if the user wants to allow the program to access Outlook Allow/Deny and if allow for how many minutes. Is there any way of determining what program is trying to access Outlook?

The concern is without knowing what program you have no idea what you are saying yes or no to.

Cheers

trillyuk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks Diane, yes the antivirus is valid. Going to play around with accept and deny as think the solution maybe interfering with the proper operation of Outlook. Solution is part of a package from Cisco. Will report back what I find.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There are some registry keys you can set that may avoid it - but they would allow all access (Not that many viruses use outlook contacts these days.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. Using Outlook 2
S Outside Program trying to Access Outlook E-mail Using Outlook 2
C How do I disable Outlook warning dialogue box "A Program is trying to send an e-mail message on your Using Outlook 2
T program stuck in send mode, will not stop trying to send. now can't even get outlook to come up. Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S how to disable outlook security messages "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have st Using Outlook 5
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J it goes like outlook has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, wi Using Outlook 2
J My Outlook program has stopped receiving. I can still send Using Outlook 1
A outlook 2007 - there is no email program associated ... Using Outlook 3
A Outlook-Program Not Closing Properly Using Outlook 10
J Outlook search index not saved - rebuilds every time I start the program Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007 cannot open files to start program Using Outlook 1
K I have 26 mail in my webmail which is not coming in Outlook 2010 when I open the program.__some mail from my webmail has been loaded into Outlook when Using Outlook 2
F Outlook process won't end after I quit the program Using Outlook 2
M Outlook says the PST files is in use by another program - but it is not? Using Outlook 2
K Windows7 + Outlook 2010: "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this compute Using Outlook 2
J How to change the program that Outlook assigns to open attachments Using Outlook 1
N When I try to import a large CSV from Excel to an Outlook folder, the program crashes... Every time. Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 always focused as the main program in use Using Outlook 1
C Not receiving/sending email with Outlook (established program). Using Outlook 4
P unable to use Send To Mail Recipient or from any other program to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
A windows not detecting outlook pro 2010 64 bit as the default mail program Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 version 14 downloads all messages from the server everytime you start the program Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2002 (SP3): Even though I've checked 'Remember my password,' Outlook still requires that I enter it every time I open the program ea Using Outlook 3
S MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK HAS STOPPED WORKING. Error: A problem caused the program to stop working co Using Outlook 2
C Microsoft Outlook: cannot open program when clicking on the icon Using Outlook 2
D A program that automatically configures email account in Outlook and Outlook Express Using Outlook 4
O Outlook is the default program but it is not showing up in the default table Using Outlook 1
G opening attachments from an email closes the program and restarts outlook 90% of the time Using Outlook 2
K Reading saved emails from old Outlook program in the new 2010 Outlook program Using Outlook 1
B Sending item shown in another program to an Outlook Contact Using Outlook 2
K Outlook icons (shortcuts or files) - including outlook.exe in Program Files will not work - can only Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 won't open without granting access to the program. Using Outlook 5
M When using the calendar in Outlook 2007 the program stops responding to windows. Using Outlook 5
J I inadvertenly blocked MS Outlook from opening as whenever I opened a program mu user settings would ask me if I wanted to open it. Now it states it Using Outlook 8
J C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft OPffice\Office\outlook.exe Using Outlook 7
F can't set outlook 2010 as default program Using Outlook 1
O When I try to open Outlook, I get a message saying the program is corrupted and it directs me to use scanpst.exe. However, I can't run the scan, becau Using Outlook 1
A How do I remove an add-in from my uninstalled virus protection program that was attached to Outlook. Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2007: When minimizing it, the icon disapears from the task bar as if it closes the program Using Outlook 2
A I get the following statement when I try to open Microsoft Outlook 'A program needs your attention to continue.' Using Outlook 1
S Is outlook the correct program to use or is live mail the most current program? Using Outlook 2
S Re: Outlook program stalls on blank page after I enter my security password for personal folders Using Outlook 2
G Re: Microsoft Outlook has Stopped Working - Windows can check online or Stop the Program Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2010 Compatible Antivirus Program Using Outlook 2
A Outlook Attachments don't open in the correct program Using Outlook 2
S outlook 2007 Vista x64 most recent Oulook update crashes the outlook program and it won't work. Using Outlook 2
I Moving address book from my old computer to my new computer using road runner in your outlook program. Using Outlook 1
L Default program of attachments on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4