Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

syfinocchiaro

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I have Outlook 2010 and want my To-Do bar to show my outlook.com calendar events as my outlook.com calendar is my default calendar when I create any new event and for my default for my iPhone and iPad.

I have configured my Outlook 2010 to see my outlook.com account by adding an account, selecting Other and selecting the newly installed Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and keying in my info for outlook.com.

When I go into Data Files, I see my new "sfino@outlook.com" under the Names and under Location it says "Not Available". When I try to set sfino@outlook.com as the default, I receive an error that states the selection Outlook data file format cannot be used.

How do I change my Outlook 2010 to default the To-Do bar to my outlook.com account?

Many thanks for any help!

syfinocchiaro

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
thank you for your help.

I created the outlook.com account about a week ago. I added the account to my Outlook 2010 about 2 hours ago. I am not using any email for this account just using the calendar feature for outlook.com. I have no outlook.com emails and only about 4 outlook.com calendar events that I have setup to test how Outlook 2010 will work with outlook.com calendar events. The To-Do bar is really something I would like to have pointing to my outlook.com events.

I've closed down Outlook 2010 several times but I still can not select the sfino@outlook.com as my default data file. Location still states "Not Available" and I get the error that the selected outlook data file format cannot be used.

Thank you again!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's always going to say not available, but you can still select it and set it as default - sometimes it will error if the account was just added to the profile, but once outlook syncs once, you'll be able to set it as the default.

syfinocchiaro

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I tried replying yesterday but it didn't post. So I'll try again.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Exchange 2010 RPC Over HTTPS, outlook keep trying port 135 Exchange Server Administration 9
K trying to sync my samsung galaxy to my outlook 2010 calender. it says execution privilege prevents me from accessing outlook Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 continues to deselect self while trying to create email Using Outlook 3
O outlook 2010 - trying to send JPG attachments, but they are automatically converted into DAT files a Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2003 is getting an error when trying to open an exchange 2010 mailbox Exchange Server Administration 5
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 trying to create calendar/task entries generates error "Could not save item.The connect Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010-could not perform function; default mail client not properly installed-when trying to a Using Outlook 1
U 'Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook' when trying to start oullok 2010 Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Crashing when trying to delete Exchange Server account. Using Outlook 1
N Receive "Requested Operation Failed" Dialog when trying to add BCM Database in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 crashes when trying to access signature Using Outlook 1
W Microsoft Outlook 2010 Instant Search Encountered a Problem While Trying to Display Results. Using Outlook 1
K my trial version of outlook 2010 expired and im trying to get my email out of it without deleting th Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2007/2010 stays in 'Trying to connect' mode when mode of connectivity changes from LAN to HS Using Outlook 1
U Trying to connect the Facebook connector to Outlook 2010 fails Using Outlook 6
I Outlook 2010 Shutting Down When Trying to Import Contacts to Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
H I am trying to copy and Overlay an internet calendar to my Outlook 2010 calendar. Using Outlook 3
A Small business owner, trying to figure out outlook 2010 and outlook connector, 4 issues ive goggled for weeks and have yet to find an answer for... co Using Outlook 4
G I am trying to transfer/merge my Outlook Express contacts to my new Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Outlook. Using Outlook 1
T I am trying to use the import/export feature for outlook 2010 but I get an error message that the profile is already in use. Using Outlook 2
D In Outlook 2010, I am trying to change the color in the above each date in the monthly calendar to a color where the date number becomes visible Using Outlook 1
E Trying to import my outlook 2003 contacts into outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
D OUTLOOK 2010 crashes trying to print any e-mail with HTML formating. Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1