Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have setup my Gmail address in Outlook 2010. I have my Outlook view settings to be compact so when I get an email I see the email I don't see any preview. IN outlook with my old email address I could turn off preview pane. with Gmail every email that comes in Outlook 2010 has a few lines of preview under the email as seen in this screenshot, can someone tell me how to turn that Gmail preview off?
example.jpg

That is the option to show a 3 line preview of unread messages.

It's been a long time since I used 2010 regularly and took me a while to find where the option was hidden. :) Look in Customize view's Other settings.

There is a screenshot on this article:

That is the option to show a 3 line preview of unread messages.

It's been a long time since I used 2010 regularly and took me a while to find where the option was hidden. :) Look in Customize view's Other settings.

There is a screenshot on this article:
Thanks Diane,
I found it but won't know if it works for sure until I get another email. I have office 2013 and am so tempted to install it. Do you have anything showing how to switch from one version to another. The only program of Office I use on a regular basis is Outlook. Is Outlook 2013 worth upgrading from Office 2010?

I know I have been asking about upgrading for a few years on and off but I keep going back to "If it isn't broken, why fix it" Is there anything you can share that might put me over the edge?

Also I am still getting post notifications to an email address that I will no longer have sometime this year. I thought I changed it, I'll have to look at the reply I got and recheck it.

Thanks again
Ron

It will work. :)

On 2010 vrs 2013 - with a pop or IMAP account, there really isn't much difference - but 2013 previews all messages, not just unread. You can have both installed but can only use one outlook at a time. And each outlook will have its own profile as the profile is now under the version key, not the windows NT key. Since you have it, you could install it and try it - if you don't like it, you can go back to 2010.

with the upgrades - when you use pop or IMAP, upgrading won't necessarily give you a lot of benefit as many of the new features are for exchange accounts (including outlook.com) - but to get the biggest benefit from upgrading, you need to use office 365 in a workgroup.

your profile is using a cableone address. Is that the one that is going away?

Yes I currently have cableone email which I have had close to 20 years and now cableone is discontinuing email sometime this year. They told me that we will get a 60 day notice. I decided to switch everything that used cableone email to my Gmail that I have in Outlook 2010 now.

I am still getting the reply notifications from your forum at my cableone email. I can't find how to change that, could you please tell me?
Thanks
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
chupacabra 30GB Gmail account and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
UncleBill Unable to delete items from gmail IMAP Trash using Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Converting outlook 2010 pop account and folders to imap with gmail Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Gmail within Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy Using Outlook 1
L Gmail POP, Android IMAP, Outlook 2013 setup close Using Outlook 5
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
D Some emails not downloading from gmail to MS Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
Horsepower Changed behavior in Outlook 365 Home and Gmail account Using Outlook 2
B Emails from a single gmail address not showing in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Sync gmail with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
J Gmail host and Outlook on two computer Using Outlook 2
S Multiple Gmail account set up in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configure Gmail Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 0