Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korishan

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have 2 gmail accounts connected to my Outlook 2019. Everything worked fine up to about 2-3 weeks ago. Randomly Outlook will stop being able to connect to my gmail accounts. I can restart Outlook without success. The ONLY fix is to reboot my computer and then Outlook will connect just fine. And then, after unknown amount of time, it will randomly stop connecting again and I have reboot, AGAIN, to fix the issue.
Creating a new PST/Profile does NOT fix the issue.
Deleting and re-adding the accounts does NOT fix the issue.
Doing a Repair on Office does NOT fix the issue.
Loading in Safe Mode does NOT fix the issue.
I am up to date on all updates for Outlook, which I even double checked again today to make sure it was updated (went to About and Check Updates). Windows Update also does no show any updates for Office 2019.
What is going on here and how to get this fixed?! Having to reboot my computer just to check my email is not very productive.

well, apparently it's not *Outlook* directly. Must be some service it uses or something. I rebooted my system and didn't reload Outlook immediately. Been about an hour. I loaded it up, and it won't connect to the gmail server.

The only error that shows up is this:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for ***@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for ***gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Which isn't very helpful, considering it works right after a reboot, but waiting awhile it stops.

Randomly, for some unknown reason, it started working just fine. I have no idea what happened.

oh wonderful! Now it's not checking/sending my xfinity/comcast account!!! !?!?!!??

Oh this is freakin frustrating. Just did a "Security Update" yesterday, and now it stops checking the gmail accounts again!!
I reboot, load up Outlook, and it works for a few times. Then stops checking the gmail accounts. WTH!?!?!?

Wanting to do an update to this. I'm beginning to think that it is "not" Outlook or MS in this particular case.
On my mobile phone I use a client called Edison Email. Over the past couple days I got 'notifications' of new email in my gmail account. But when I open the application up to view them within the app, there is no email listed. Today is 9:50pm Thursday. The last email I have listed is from 12:52pm Tuesday. Even doing a forced refresh won't update the mail listings.
However, if I go to mail.google.com there's all the emails from the past couple days shown clearly.
So apparently there is an issue with Google Email Services. :mad:

Have you logged into gmail.com to look for security messages?

If you are not using 2-step authentication, Google will disable 'allow less secure apps' and often post a message asking if the sign in attempt was you.

Otherwise, yeah, it could be a general google issue. But log into Gmail to verify it's not google blocking you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
K Changing the Deleted Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
J Unable to delete folders in Outlook 2019 / Windows Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2019 intermittent search results Using Outlook 0
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
R How to Sync *all* Google Workspace Mail Folders with Outlook 2019 (MS365) Using Outlook 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 is cutting Picture Extension *.pn_ Using Outlook 3
Albert McCann Outlook (and Office) 2019 Logging Using Outlook 2
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
T Changing Sent Items location in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
J How do I disable advertising in Outlook 2019? Using Outlook 15
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016/2019 hangs after being open for an extended period Using Outlook 4
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2019 having issues with 'people search' and not making suggestions in email To: etc Using Outlook 12
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2019, Outlook Proplus v1808/1809 Unexpected Calendar Cache Using Outlook 4
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1