Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineyj

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Long time user, first time poster, need help

What I want: My gmail and Android to be the identical and personal (not exchange) Outlook 2013 to store everything (be the repository)

What I have done: 1) IMAP email on Android with a BCC to gmail for any emails I create on my phone (this is working really well) 2) POP Gmail setup for Outlook 2013 (to bring local any emails I want to keep) is the one account in Outlook and it is the default. 3) my Windows 10 PC in "settings" wanted to update my account and so I added the Gmail account

Issues: everything works great except that now I get this error: Task '(my email) - Sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.'

What do I need to change to allow me to send and receive from Outlook?

I appreciate the help! I've read and read and I can't find the fix I need.

Did it used to work without the error? Are their updates waiting to be installed? Have you tried rebooting? I've seen similar errors when windows had updates waiting a reboot fixed it.

Is there a reason why you aren't using IMAP in Outlook?
Is the IMAP account on android a gmail account? If so, gmail should be saving sent messages, which you'd get if you used imap in outlook. You can use a local pst and move or copy messages you want to keep if you don't trust gmail.

Hi. So I moved from an old machine to a Win 10 and my old outlook was 2007. It never really worked the way I wanted it to behave but I always sucked it up and dealt with all the questions I had - this time I wanted to make it work. I have also rebooted a few times with no change.

I do most of my replying/managing in Outlook as Gmail has horrific folder management (my perspective). I think I had IMAP all around at one time but I was struggling with the headers only, duplications, delays and so forth and I thought gmail couldn't handle the outlook folder setup anyway, so I dropped using Gmail as my one true source and returned to Outlook being my main source for long-term storage and true source. I could be really wrong here and am open to change.

My phone, I think, is using an Android mail app that pulls in my gmail mail and that is what I set to IMAP. I don't like the gmail app and try not to use it.

[QUOTE="Diane Poremsky, ...

Thanks Diane. I like your answers and have been reading up. I appreciate your insight!

[QUOTE="Laineyj, post: 345837, member: 13425
Is there a reason why you aren't using IMAP in Outlook?

I would rather hire someone that is awesome at outlook (ie much better than myself) and what I want to fix what I currently have soon. Can you lead me in the right direction?

so, I'm not sure how posting is supposed to work but I feel compelled to tell that I have figured it out. I have set up a local Outlook 2013 account that is using POP2 for Gmail and my Android phone is IMAP to Gmail. Got it done. Turns out my issue was around a bad profile setup. All good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
S Converting outlook 2010 pop account and folders to imap with gmail Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about 2-Step Verification with my gmail Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
T How to deal with Upcoming GMAIL changes Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
A How to create fixed signatures for aliases that process through GMAIL? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Gmail within Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1