Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortstiff

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
My wife uses Outlook as her primary email account and Gmail as secondary. She just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy phone, and we transferred everything from her previous phone to it. However, when she sends emails through her Outlook account on the new phone, the sending address is her gmail address. I tried to change this by going to her Outlook profile and adding her Outlook account, but this option was linked to Google which wouldn't accept it. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

change this by going to her Outlook profile and adding her Outlook account, but this option was linked to Google which wouldn't accept it.

This is in the profile on her phone? Is the Gmail address added to the outlook.com account as an alias?

Did you set everything up fresh on the phone or use a service or Samsung feature to migrate to a new phone?

I had a client with problems adding a Hotmail account and appointments on the wrong calendar - it took a while to figure it out - in the end we deleted many of the accounts and added back the ones she needed. (She had her kids accounts on the phone too - they caused the calendar confusion.)

Thanks for your response. Yes, the Gmail address is indicated as her alias, but we didn't add it - it was there when she opened Outlook, and I can't figure out a way to change it.

I used a Samsung app to do the transfer, was thinking of uninstalling the Outlook app as a possible fix and reinstalling it fresh. That may be the way to go.

Is the gmail address listed here - https://account.microsoft.com/profile

It *should* be ok if the gmail address is there, as long as its not set as primary.

Either uninstalling the app or deleting the accounts in it then adding them back might work.

That's where it is on her phone, but not on her laptop, which has the Outlook account listed as the primary. Will try the uninstall and reinstall.

When you add the account to outlook, make sure you type in the address, don't use the address if its prefilled.

Just to add - do you recommend also uninstalling/reinstalling gmail on the phone as well?

The gmail app or the account in the mail app? I don't think you need to remove it - and probably can't if its your phone's login account.

you're right, I couldn't. But the Outlook reinstall did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Emails from a single gmail address not showing in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about 2-Step Verification with my gmail Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
T How to deal with Upcoming GMAIL changes Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
A How to create fixed signatures for aliases that process through GMAIL? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Gmail within Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1